Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint HTC EVO 4G USB Desktop Cradle with Battery Slot

Came across this Desktop Charging Dock today. $26.99 w/ free shipping. Trying to decide if its worth it for the office. Anyone purchased one of these yet?

Sprint HTC EVO 4G USB Desktop Cradle with Battery Slot

Sprint HTC EVO 4G USB Desktop Cradle with Battery Slot

It looks pretty cool, but I would think it would be a pain if you have a case or skin on the EVO as that dock doesn't look to have any extra room around the phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by illwood View Post
    It looks pretty cool, but I would think it would be a pain if you have a case or skin on the EVO as that dock doesn't look to have any extra room around the phone.
    I think a skin would be OK, and possibly even a very thin case, such as the Case-Mate 'Barely There'...but not sure.

This pic from the back seems to show a better view of the clearance on each side of the phone.

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

for $27 shipped, I'm going to give it a try.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by neile457 View Post
    for $27 shipped, I'm going to give it a try.
    Please let us know how you like it.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    ROM
    Team XRON; Sense or Aosp

A few people have tried this, there was a post a while back about how he loved it and the battery was just as good as the stock. I bought the one that comes with 2 extra batteries and it was only 25 off ebay. Bought it last week so I won't have it till probably the middle of next week though. I hate getting shipments from Hong Kong, takes so long...

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    A few people have tried this, there was a post a while back about how he loved it and the battery was just as good as the stock. I bought the one that comes with 2 extra batteries and it was only 25 off ebay. Bought it last week so I won't have it till probably the middle of next week though. I hate getting shipments from Hong Kong, takes so long...
    You've got your products mixed up. There's no extra battery.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

As pwnst_r states, I believe you are referring to the Chinese battery & charger combo packs that are being sold on ebay. This is a desktop dock and charger, it charges/syncs the evo as well as an additional battery at the same time. However this unit does not come with any batteries...just the charging cradle. And it ships from CA and not China.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    ROM
    Team XRON; Sense or Aosp

It's the same thing just on ebay
    ebay link

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    ROM
    Team XRON; Sense or Aosp

Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    As pwnst_r states, I believe you are referring to the Chinese battery & charger combo packs that are being sold on ebay. This is a desktop dock and charger, it charges/syncs the evo as well as an additional battery at the same time. However this unit does not come with any batteries...just the charging cradle. And it ships from CA and not China.
    I see what you are saying but I believe they are the same thing just being sold out of California without the spare battery. The pictures are the same stock pictures for the most part... Please correct me if I am wrong.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I see what you are saying but I believe they are the same thing just being sold out of California without the spare battery. The pictures are the same stock pictures for the most part... Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Ahh, yes it does appear to be similar if not the same. I had not seen that one yet. My apologies. Please let us know how you like the version you purchased.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    ROM
    Team XRON; Sense or Aosp

Oh I will, I figure even if the extra batteries do suck I will have 2 of them lol.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

can you plug the USB end into the USB wall charger that comes with the EVO?

Just to be clear, the link that starts this post does NOT come with an extra battery.
    "This desktop cradle does not come with a battery. To purchase, please visit Sprint HTC EVO 4G Batteries" This is not to say that the cradle isn't worthwhile without the battery. It still looks like a solid piece of gear to me.
    The ebay one might be worth getting then. Same price with extra battery. I didn't read the ebay one carefully, though. I'd make certain that it actually comes with the extra battery before assuming.

So it amounts to $27 without a battery (free shipping) or $30 with a one battery ($25+$5 shipping). Since I already have the 2 battery + charger for $10 deal, I probably don't need the 4th battery.

I do look forward to hearing a report from someone who buys the cradle.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

For those who bought one, any feedback on the dock?

BazzX

I notice that in order to charge the phone and the spare battery, two wires will be coming out of the unit. (1) USB & (1) AC adapter. The phone will only charge when connected to a computer. The spare will only charge when plugged into a standard AC outlet.

This appears to be the same thing for $19, including shipping.

eMobile UV Coating Charger Cradle for HTC EVO 4G - eBay (item 190410372748 end time Jul-27-10 02:10:14 PDT)

If you already took advantage of the 2 batteries and charger for $10, you can add a cradle and get 2 chargers (including a cradle), and 2 batteries for $29.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Default On order

I have ordered it Hope it works OK I have a skin on my EVO so not sure about size

Received it yesterday works great charges the spare battery and syncs and charges the phone while on the stand
    My cover does not work so I must take it off when on the charger. Not much of a problem. I think the price is fair
    and if it continues to work I will be happy.
    Last edited by rcollins001; 07-20-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Regarding the one on Ebay from Hong Kong:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...tml#post217285

It looks identical to the OP's picture, mine included a spare battery and after a weeks use, I'm very pleased with it. I pop in the freshly charged battery in the morning and it doesn't start to drop to 99% for at least 30 minutes or more.
    Thanked by:
    J053 

Is anyone using this with a case on the phone?

If so what case?

Or does anyone know specific cases that won't work?

Quote Originally Posted by tromba View Post
    Is anyone using this with a case on the phone?

If so what case?

Or does anyone know specific cases that won't work?
    Sorry, it won't work with a case.

It says that the AC charger only charges the extra battery not the phone. The phone charges off of your computer USB cable and that is typically twice as slow as a wall charger.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    It says that the AC charger only charges the extra battery not the phone. The phone charges off of your computer USB cable and that is typically twice as slow as a wall charger.
    True. I'm using the USB to 2-prong wall adapter that came with my Evo since I'm not charging near my computer anyway. The only improvement I would like to see, is not having a USB cable hard-wired into the dock, and have a micro-USB connector instead. That way I could use any micro-USB power cord I have laying around!

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I think you could plug the dock's USB cable into the AC adapter that came with the Evo. The issue seems to be that the built in AC charger only connects to the battery compartment, not the micro USB plug that charges the battery in the phone. Even if not, if I've got the phone sitting in the cradle while I'm at work, I'm keeping it from getting discharged, so a really fast charge probably isn't that important (to me).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast