Bluetooth -> Aux Setup for Car

FuzzeWuzze

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
So i have found this the Blackberry BlueTooth gateway...it seems to do exactly what i want, i was just curious if there are any other's out there people recommend?

http://mobileaccessories.bestbuy.com/blackberry-music-gateway/9A172A3579.htm

Basically i am looking for a small bluetooth receiver that i can plug into my stereo's Aux stereo port in my center console. Then i can mount my phone with some car mount and be able to bluetooth to my stereo without having to hook up the aux into my phone all the time, and not have to buy a new bluetooth capable car stereo...

spike9012

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I use to have this for my blackberry tour, it worked as well as expected, the audio quality wasn't the best though, as good as bluetooth gets. I never had a problem with distance or interference in my car though.

doosh

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Would this thing auto-detect or would you have to manually go in the settings and pair that bluetooth device (or whatever you call it) every time you enter the car? If it auto-detects/switches, I might pick one up too.

spike9012

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Would this thing auto-detect or would you have to manually go in the settings and pair that bluetooth device (or whatever you call it) every time you enter the car? If it auto-detects/switches, I might pick one up too.

you only have to pair it once, like most bluetooth devices

FuzzeWuzze

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
So i have a question about the Kensington one..

From the reviews it sounds like it uses the Kensington plug for mic not your phone?

I dont know that is what i want it to do, i'd like to use my actual phone for the mic once its mounted on my dash and simply use the bluetooth for "wireless" output to a small bluetooth thing such as this i can plug into my center divider and close the lid(Both 12v aux and aux in are in it)...so its just hidden out of the way and i can just get in the car, mount my phone and be on my way.

Sound slike you have to use its microphone though, which would mean i need to have it on the 12V on my dashboard, which i'd rather stay away from as im trying to get the rats nest of cables on my dash down as the entire point of this. :)

The miccus one looked promising, but reading reviews it looks like you have to automatically re bind it every time you get out of range...which defeats the entire point for me.

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Unless the desire to avoid using a cable is really the most important thing, you'll probably get noticeably better sound quality just running a cable from your Aux input to the headphone jack on the Evo. It's a lot cheaper, too.

OJMBrooklyn

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the BBerry Bluetooth Audio Gateway with my EVO since the day the EVO was released (used with Pre before the EVO). It works perfectly every time and auto connects whenever my ignition is turned on. The audio quality may not be quite as good as with a hardwire connection, but it still sounds excellent. I picked mine up for about $30 on eBay new in box.

So i have found this the Blackberry BlueTooth gateway...it seems to do exactly what i want, i was just curious if there are any other's out there people recommend?

http://mobileaccessories.bestbuy.com/blackberry-music-gateway/9A172A3579.htm

Basically i am looking for a small bluetooth receiver that i can plug into my stereo's Aux stereo port in my center console. Then i can mount my phone with some car mount and be able to bluetooth to my stereo without having to hook up the aux into my phone all the time, and not have to buy a new bluetooth capable car stereo...

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
With my car, the phone just connects directly to the built in bluetooth from the car. I really dont need any external device..(i didnt look at the items u guys were reffering to, maybe thats y i dont get the need for an external device)

*This was posted from my Evo 4G using Tapatalkpro! Great app, if you want to browse and post through many dfferent forums*

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Unless the desire to avoid using a cable is really the most important thing, you'll probably get noticeably better sound quality just running a cable from your Aux input to the headphone jack on the Evo. It's a lot cheaper, too.

Not only that, but you can use apps like Tasker that will detect the insertion of the jack, turn up the volume to maximum and launch a program of your choice, which I use StreamFuriousPro and it starts streaming the last station automatically. It's awesome! I don't have to touch the EVO screen at all when I plug it into my car stereo! When I pull the plug out, the Exit Task feature in Tasker will terminate StreamFuriousPro.

Besides, most of those Bluetooth receivers have to be charged all the time which trades one minor inconvenience (using audio wires) for another (charging), IMHO. :)

jjvw

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
With my car, the phone just connects directly to the built in bluetooth from the car. I really dont need any external device..(i didnt look at the items u guys were reffering to, maybe thats y i dont get the need for an external device)

*This was posted from my Evo 4G using Tapatalkpro! Great app, if you want to browse and post through many dfferent forums*

These devices are for those of us who DO NOT have Bluetooth integrated vehicles.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the blackberry one and hope it works ok. My aux jack is in the center console and running that wire to the unit sucks. Since the center console also has a charging port right next to it, I can hide this whole unit there out of site.

Hope it works as well as most reviews say.

For those that have it. I know you can also use your bluetooth headset at the same time, but what about phone as a speaker phone? Does sound go to speakers? Or will it switch the the phone speaker?

kewlin

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
TuneLink Android

You might want to check out TUNELINK ANDROID from New Potato Technologies. It plugs into the 12V outlet, is a fast charger, and bridges Bluetooth stereo audio to a 3.5mm output. For those of you with center consoles that have 12V outlets and AUX in jacks, this is the perfect solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12