Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default how can i protect my camera lense?

    i have the body glove case, and i like it. but what it dosnt protect, is the camera lens. i feel whenever i set my phone down, it easily rests on the camera lens regardless of the case being on or off.

    is there a case, or something i can do to further protect the glass lens on the camera? i would hate to have it scratched or cracked

    any ideas?
  2. #2  

    Default

    If you have an extra screen protector cut it to size and place it over the lens .
    Will not effect picture taking
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avpmusic View Post
    i have the body glove case, and i like it. but what it dosnt protect, is the camera lens. i feel whenever i set my phone down, it easily rests on the camera lens regardless of the case being on or off.

    is there a case, or something i can do to further protect the glass lens on the camera? i would hate to have it scratched or cracked

    any ideas?
    I have the Body Glove, and the case actually does protect the camera lens pretty well. With the back on, the lens does not touch when you put it down at all. It gives just enough clearance. All of these cases, Body Glove, Seidio, etc were made to give the lens more clearance. Are you guessing that it is not protecting, or do you have scratches. I have actually done tests to see if the lens touches we in the Body Glove case, and it doesn't.
  4. #4  
    ohthebaby's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Droid View Post
    If you have an extra screen protector cut it to size and place it over the lens .
    Will not effect picture taking
    thats exactly what i was thinking, i assume youve tried this alrdy and it works flawless?
  5. #5  
    akarol's Avatar

    Posts
    458 Posts
    Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

    Default

    Get the case-mate barely there case for the EVO. It's awesome and has amazing protection for the lens.
  6. #6  
    akarol's Avatar

    Posts
    458 Posts
    Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohthebaby View Post
    thats exactly what i was thinking, i assume youve tried this alrdy and it works flawless?
    No matter what protector you place on top, you will always degrade the image of the photos. You're adding plastic on top of glass.
  7. #7  
    ohthebaby's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    No matter what protector you place on top, you will always degrade the image of the photos. You're adding plastic on top of glass.
    that also makes sense....but as long as the it doesnt degrade to a pt where i cant tell what is what in the pic, i think its a fair trade off, if you dont wanna rock a case on it
  8. #8  

    Default

    My Mobi Skin case lifts the back up off the surface enough that the lens never touches the surface. And it's only $9.99.
  9. #9  

    Default

    I don't use a case at all... I have a Zagg full body skin on it except I ended up removing the screen protector after a couple of weeks and now the screen is just naked.... I slide the phone in and out of my back jean pocket all day long and rest it in the cup holder in my car (until they come out with a true car kit just for the EVO) I also rest the phone on it's back side all the time.... So far pushing two months with the phone I have yet to scratch the screen and the camera lens "COVER" (Your not actually on the lens at all and if you look hard enough the phone rest on the ring around the cover not flat flush on the glass/plastic cover over the lens) has not a single scratch on it either.... To scratch it you would have to either hit it perfectly which wouldn't matter if you had a bulky case on it or not or have loose change/keys/screws/bolts/razor blades or what ever floating around in your pocket with the phone which again no case is going to protect you from that either....

    To each his own... Try not to worry about it... I babied the $HIT out of the phone at first now I treat it like my old LG flip phone it gets tossed around pretty good day in and day out... Nothing, not a single dent in it (yet) same with battery life.... The less and less I monitored the battery life the better it last....
  10. #10  

    Default Re: how can i protect my camera lense?

    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    Get the case-mate barely there case for the EVO. It's awesome and has amazing protection for the lens.
    +1 the case-mate barely there case has a perfect design for protecting the camera lens.
  11. #11  
    akarol's Avatar

    Posts
    458 Posts
    Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    +1 the case-mate barely there case has a perfect design for protecting the camera lens.
    I have 6 cases at hand, and nothing compares to my Case-Mate. The build and the discreetness of the case while doing its job is unmatched. It also comes with a front screen protector.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Best bet, instead of a case, get a holster. this way you can carry it on you and place it down with out having to take it out of the holster.
  13. #13  
    cloak.n.dagger's Avatar

    Posts
    1,087 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

    Default

    Does the lense not have the same Gorilla Glass as the screen? I haven't read anytihng that says that it does but I assume that it does. Gorilla Glass is very scratch resistant. I sit my phone down all the time where it is resting on the lense and don't have a single scratch on it. Gorilla Glass is not break proof, but seems to be a lot more resilliant that normal glass, in all testing that I have seen. I wouldn't worry much about it, but most cases that I have seen do prevent the lense from touching while the phone is laying on its back.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
  14. #14  

    Default

    I am also curious about the glass on the camera lense. If the glass is durable, I just may go naked and not use the skin that I have. I have the Rocketfish skin and it is great, but nothing beats the feel of having a naked phone. Has anyone scratched their camera lenses just putting it down on a hard surface like a table?
    If I were never here, you would never know.
  15. #15  

    Default

    This case works great for me holds the screen protector in place also the silicone skin is raised on the back so its above the camera lens, the kickstand and touch screen. Only problem is finding a good holster to hold it cause its raised makes it a little bulky. But I am around alot of heavy machines all day and it takes a few bumps in the holster and one drop on the concrete. And nothing not even seen a scratch on the case. Plus only 10 bucks and saved my 200 dollar phone well worth it.

  16. #16  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,707 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,884 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Does the lense not have the same Gorilla Glass as the screen? I haven't read anytihng that says that it does but I assume that it does. Gorilla Glass is very scratch resistant. I sit my phone down all the time where it is resting on the lense and don't have a single scratch on it. Gorilla Glass is not break proof, but seems to be a lot more resilliant that normal glass, in all testing that I have seen. I wouldn't worry much about it, but most cases that I have seen do prevent the lense from touching while the phone is laying on its back.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I am also curious about the glass on the camera lense. If the glass is durable, I just may go naked and not use the skin that I have. I have the Rocketfish skin and it is great, but nothing beats the feel of having a naked phone. Has anyone scratched their camera lenses just putting it down on a hard surface like a table?
    Has anybody actually confirmed (through HTC or Sprint directly) that the EVO has gorilla glass? I've seen many discussions on this topic and no one has a posted from either HTC or Sprint that it does indeed have gorilla glass. I've seen plenty of pictures of shattered screens for me to think that it does not have gorilla glass. Even so, all it takes is a grain of sand to scratch it.

    I have not found a good solution to actually protecting the lens cover itself other than being careful. You could cut a piece of screen protector and put it on there, but I'm not sure how much that'll affect your picture quality. The barely there case by case mate seems to be the best case to keep it from laying directly on a table without being bulky, and is what i use.
  17. #17  

    Default

    geez, the camera lens isn't made of the skin off a baby's ****; its glass, and has no problem resting on itself
    dont fling it on a table, but just resting it on the lens will cause absolutely no damage..
    you guys are way too paranoid....
  18. #18  
    imtravis's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

    Default Re: how can i protect my camera lense?

    Actually, I paid extra for the baby **** skin option..
    I bought the magnetic lens kit and it comes with a metal ring that keeps the lens from hitting the surface when I sit it on it's back..
    Quote Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
    geez, the camera lens isn't made of the skin off a baby's ****; its glass, and has no problem resting on itself
    dont fling it on a table, but just resting it on the lens will cause absolutely no damage..
    you guys are way too paranoid....


    Please excuse any typos, as this was typed using my kickassEvo.
  19. #19  

    Default

    I guess I am a little paranoid about my phone. I want to keep it in good shape. The problem is, the phone is best when it is naked. If there was a way that I could keep it like that without damaging the device, I would. I just want to know if the camera lens will scratch just from putting it on a table all day long?
    If I were never here, you would never know.
  20. #20  

    Default

    try putting a Wrapsol skin on the front and back' it wont cover the camera, but its 1000 times nicer than ZAGG, and its really protective and covers about 99% of your phone
    I hate cases too, and find that this does a nice job, and the phone is as close to naked as possible; great customer service, lifetime replacement, and more..hard to beat!

  21. #21  

    Default

    If you got the official Body Glove case, it most definitely will protect the lens.
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
    try putting a Wrapsol skin on the front and back' it wont cover the camera, but its 1000 times nicer than ZAGG, and its really protective and covers about 99% of your phone
    I hate cases too, and find that this does a nice job, and the phone is as close to naked as possible; great customer service, lifetime replacement, and more..hard to beat!

    $30 for a skin? lol
  23. #23  

    Default

    PROTECT YOUR CAMERA LENS FROM CRACKS........
    I purchased the Seidio HEV4 carrying case and then went to Home Depot and purchased a black rubber #10 "O" ring in the plumbing department. The "O" rings come in a pack of ten for $2.39. I took superglue and glued the "O" ring to the back of my phone. The #10 size "O" ring fits perfectly around the camera lens. Also the Seidio HEV4 case is the only case I have found that will then fit perfectly around the "O" ring. The "O" ring barely sticks out beyond the camera lens and Seidio HEV4 case so now when I lay my phone down, the "O" ring keeps the camera lens from touching. With the "O" ring being made of black rubber, it looks like part of the case. I have had several people tell me that it looks like it came from HTC. Looks GREAT & works GREAT!
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2johnt View Post
    PROTECT YOUR CAMERA LENS FROM CRACKS........
    I purchased the Seidio HEV4 carrying case and then went to Home Depot and purchased a black rubber #10 "O" ring in the plumbing department. The "O" rings come in a pack of ten for $2.39. I took superglue and glued the "O" ring to the back of my phone. The #10 size "O" ring fits perfectly around the camera lens. Also the Seidio HEV4 case is the only case I have found that will then fit perfectly around the "O" ring. The "O" ring barely sticks out beyond the camera lens and Seidio HEV4 case so now when I lay my phone down, the "O" ring keeps the camera lens from touching. With the "O" ring being made of black rubber, it looks like part of the case. I have had several people tell me that it looks like it came from HTC. Looks GREAT & works GREAT!
    This sounds like a great idea, can you some pics of your phone with it on?

Posting Permissions

B