1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default heavy duty EVO case needed.

I browsed th forum and didn't see what I was looking for.
    I need a heavy duty case, ideally with a screen protector. Prerty much something to hold me over until the otterbox cases are available. Thanks.

Not sure if you've seen the Innocase™ Rugged Holster Combo made by Seidio. Pretty sure this is one of the only heavy duty case out right now until otterbox delivers their cases. Search the forums for pingpong boss he reviewed it. Hope this helps.

Check this out:

Otterbox should be what you are looking for. I used it for the IPhone and it a great job of protecting the phone when it dropped. The case for the EVO should be coming out shortly.

Doc

This is what I will be using
    Seidio Innocase Active Case for HTC EVO 4G - Limited Edition
    Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase Active Case for HTC EVO 4G - Limited Edition (Sage): Cell Phones & Service

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

The Seidio Rugged Case is the only real heavy duty case for the Evo right now. I have one and I love it. I would say it provides just as much protection as an Otterbox would. One nice thing with this case is you can take off the outer skeleton and silicone layer when you don't need it because the first layer is the Innocase II. If you need a heavy duty case ASAP, just get this case and forget about Otterbox.

http://store.androidcentral.com/seid...4A123A7062.htm

All Otterbox says on their website is "coming soon" with a picture of an Evo. No mention of a date or a picture of what the case might look like, but I imagine it will be similar to their HD2 case.

I am really liking the looks of the Ballistic case, especially after seeing the test videos of their iPhone case. I may just buy one of these when they come out, even though I already have the Seidio Rugged Case. Of course, all Ballistic has on their website is "Coming soon" too, but at least they have a picture of the case.

All 3 of these cases will cost around $50.

If you are set on Otterbox, then just get a cheap silicone skin to get you through until they come out.

I just got the Seideo Rugged Case in the mail today. It is very impressive. Search Google throughly and you can find it for $39.99. I got mine from HTCpedia.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Seideo Rugged Combo. got it in today and wow!

Best buy also has a case that appears to be the exact seidio rugged just rebranded to their house brand. $50 there though.
    BS 1.9

Just bought it, very nice case for extreme duty use, and the internal case is very nice also, just wish the holster would work with the internal as well.
    BS 1.9

Yeah before i bought my seidio extended battery I had the seidio rugged,no drops gonna damage your phone with that thing on,,,coupled with the fact that its currently the only case for the Evo with a dedicated flap in the rear to cover that fragile camera lens.loved this case
    Evo "stock" w/seidio 3500 extended battery.

Otterbox just released their defender case for the evo

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post

The Defender still says coming soon on Otterbox's site.

It's the Impact series case that they just released.

Thanked by:

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post

The only cases available on their site are the "commuter" and the "impact",,,where did you see the defender available????? How DAREEE you give false hopes!!!!!,,lol
    Evo "stock" w/seidio 3500 extended battery.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I just got ishield seem to be nice ??