anyone else's Sprint Official Body Glove case break right near volume keys?

NYClawstudent

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Pretty frustrated that the 2 week old case already broke right near the volume keys. Literally a small piece of the plastic snapped right off and now the front of the case that snaps onto the phone is not tightly installed. Now I have to make a trip to the sprint store and see if they will replace it.

Anyone else experience the same difficulties?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Pretty frustrated that the 2 week old case already broke right near the volume keys. Literally a small piece of the plastic snapped right off and now the front of the case that snaps onto the phone is not tightly installed. Now I have to make a trip to the sprint store and see if they will replace it.

Anyone else experience the same difficulties?

Its always cool to show a pic to back up your thread and so people can see what they are looking for as far as the issue(s) of concern.

anon(41962)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah! my case broke in the exact same place about three weeks after i got it. on the top part of the case right above the rocker. Kind of a bummer but it game me an excuse for an all white case from amazon. But your right very frusturating as it broke very easily

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I have had my Body Glove on my EVO since day one when the EVO was released, and everything is still fine. I might just be lucky, for now.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on release day and its slightly bent but not broken, yet. You just have to be carefull when removing the case. The plastic is pretty thin there.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have removed my case many times and still nothing. After unlocking the area on the bottom right, all I do is unlock it from bottom up with no problems. I don't even touch the area near the volume contol.

tobor

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The case is very flimsy in that area. I purchased my first case the day the Evo was released; it took about 2 weeks and the rubberized backing started to lift up on both sides. Luckily I saved my receipt and was able to exchange it.

retnuh730

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/21686-dont-buy-sprints-body-glove-cover-broken-phone-picture.html

I had one and i dropped my phone and the case just snapped off and flung the phone face down, breaking it. i made the thread above about it.

l7MQKl.jpg

YMSynl.jpg

wgregory

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had a problem with two of the cases. When each one broke, I took them back to the Sprint store and they were immediately replaced without a word. On my third case and I've not yet had a problem with it.

NYClawstudent

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea I'll report back if Sprint fixes it. Pic may be posted later as well. Glad to hear that I am not alone. And surprising given Body Glove's track record of quality.

86merc

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
A buddy was checking out my EVO and accentually dropped it. Well I have my suspicions as he is a iphone fan. lol The corner of the back case cracked but the front case was fine. More important the phone was fine.

I took the case off a lot to clean the lint and debris off the phone. Never cracked the case doing that at least.

I really like the Body Glove case. It is less bulky and easier to get out of my pocket than the Seidio Active case I have. I just wish it offered more protection like the Seidio Active case does.