Review: TPU case for HTC EVO 4G ($5 case)

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I was going to make a review of this sometime soon, heh.
I got a black one and frosted one. I like black more... Frosted might look better on White Evo's.

Pros
- Sleek / Smooth
- Stylish
- Not too slippery
- Covers front of the phone by having the case come out like 1mm. Very good!
- Covers camera, speakers, and LED Flash by doing the same thing
- Protects kickstand
- Kickstand still really easy to take out via pointing finger
- Just overall a good case for maximum protection + use

Cons
- Some might think it's too slippery... it's fine for me.
- Volume buttons VERY HARD TO PRESS
- Power button VERY HARD TO PRESS
- The cutting quality could use some work on the black one. The frosted one is nicely covered.

Both buttons being hard to press can be fixed by electrical tape or putting a piece of paper between the cover and phone. I tried with paper but annoying cause it doesn't stick, lol. Electrical tape should fix it, and other threads say that it has been fixed via elec. tape.

From XDA:

"xdadevs2010"
Takes a $1.00 off :)

Actually, use "goodandevo" to get the price down to $3.45 unshipped.

Last edited:

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i bought two from evocases.net, i got the clear frosted ones and they are great, i used a razor blade to cutt off the plastic peices in the image in that article and mines in great. no problems w/ slipping and it doesn't get caught in my jeans. also fits nice and snug on the evo so no problems w/ it being lose

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I just got mine in the mail yesterday and I must say i'm surprised at how snug the fit is. My innocase surface 2 was loose pretty much after the first day not to mention scratching the sides of my phone. I could see where some may feel it is too slippery but oh well. I like it. The sides are glossy black and the back is almost the same sparkly grey'ish black as the battery cover which I like. I believe that it is physically thicker than the innocase but the fit is so tight and perfect that it actually feels like it's thinner. So all in all I would recommend this to all, and like I said before you can't go wrong with $5.

dcfella

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I got this case and I don't really like to use it much. The problem is that the cover makes hitting the power button really difficult. I tried using a razor blade to cut out a small hole where the button is, but it's still not much better since the button is fairly flush to the phone.

The quality of the case itself is fine...nice materials. They just need to work on maybe leaving an opening where the power button is.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae