1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thin TPU case for $4.95 free shipping

I already have a thin back cover for my phone and was looking for another case that will protect a little bit more when I go biking. So I just purchased this TPU case and it seems to look thinner than most TPU cases I've seen. Below is a video of some that has the same case but from a different ebay seller. If you look on ebay image, the top part of case, the lip is straight. It's the same all the way around. In the video below the guy crumples it very easily indicating how thin it is. I have a similar case like this but the one I have seems to be very thick. For $4.95 though I guess I didn't have much to lose so I just bit the bullet. I will post more pics when I get it in a few days.

EDIT: It looks like the same case sold at daydeal? Their video review below.

Last edited by aznmode; 07-30-2010 at 04:06 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Well I finally got the case but it's not what it shows on ebay so I emailed the seller to send me the one he shows on ebay. The case is pretty thick.

Last edited by aznmode; 08-05-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Default Re: Thin TPU case for $4.95 free shipping

I've got a case very similar however it isn't THAT thick. Also I think the individual cutouts look MUCH better than the one long cutout IMO

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So I was able to snag one of these at a local mall. It's definitely thinner than the one I received from ebay. Color is also better. This one actually looks smoke. The ebay one has a yellow cast to it. The overall grip however is slightly slippery compared to the red hard back cover I was using. So the chances of it slipping off is greater vs the back hard cover. Overall I'm happy with it. I alternate between the 2 for different looks.

Talking

Gotta love that generic retro packaging, as if some company from 1977 had produced Evo cases 33 years ahead of schedule. "Wireless Accessories"...we don't know what it is exactly, but....

It's only a slight step up from a sandwich baggie labelled with a marker.

But in all seriousness, I don't like over packaged goods either. My evo case was boxed and wrapped in so much plastic Im certain the packaging cost more to produce than the case itself. And that's why yours was a more reasonable $5, and Best Buy stole my $30. (which was still better than the prospect of a naked phone)