1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Default OEM HTC Snap On Case

I was browsing around meritline.com and saw these snap on covers for the Evo. They're pretty cheap, compared to case mate, and they look nice in the pictures. Unfortunately there's no pics of the case on the phone.

Anyone have one? Pics?

Here's the link to the black/raspberry colored one:

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I have this case and its great!

it makes the phone a little bulkier but its the best one in my opinion. Ive purchased other slimmer cases and always end up coming back to this one.

I got it at Sprint for about $20... it was a set that has the black/red, black/gray, and black/blue (my favorite) combos.
    My Evo 3D > your phone

also have this case, will throw some pics up soon if someone doesn't beat me to it.

okay so here are some pics.

Front

Bottom

Shot of Lens Protection

Pics of the back, top and lens attached below.

My small review

I bought this case when i got the phone just to have something. It's a hard case, and i would prefer something rubber-ish, but it does the job. I haven't felt the need to rush out and get something else.

In the last 2 pics you can see that it does indeed protect the camera lens. I love the feel of the phone naked, but I was always worried about the camera. I don't slam it down, but I don't feel paranoid anymore putting it down on a hard surface.

The case adds some bulk to the phone, which is already big, not too much, but you can tell the difference. Would prefer something more snug but its a MUST that it would still properly protect the camera.

It does however block the power button a little. It makes you feel like you have to reach over it to turn it on or off.

Hope that helps someone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OEM HTC Snap On Case-back.jpg   OEM HTC Snap On Case-top.jpg   OEM HTC Snap On Case-img_0962.jpg  

Randomevo,
    thanks for the info - I just ordered 2 of these cases from Meritline.com for $19.99 (for both). I have a Seidio Innocase II and in less than a month the thing is already broken! It's right where the 2 pieces come together, near the volume rocker. I will be going back to the Sprint Store I bought it from, for a refund.

Default Re: OEM HTC Snap On Case

There is one slight problem with this case. If you have the ZAGG screen protector on your EVO, one of the halves is too right a fit, and began to peel my ZAGG shield off the phone, ugh!
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,906 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had this case, too, and I don't like it. It does protect the camera, but it's waaay too bulky IMO. It's way bulkier than an Innocase II (which I had on my girlfriends EVO, I use hers to experiment with different cases lol). I'm waiting on the barely there to get here. I have the pink one on my girlfriends and it's awesome and fits good. It also protects the camera lense.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    I had this case, too, and I don't like it. It does protect the camera, but it's waaay too bulky IMO. It's way bulkier than an Innocase II (which I had on my girlfriends EVO, I use hers to experiment with different cases lol). I'm waiting on the barely there to get here. I have the pink one on my girlfriends and it's awesome and fits good. It also protects the camera lense.
    I have to check out the barely there case...
    My Evo 3D > your phone