1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Default New Evo dock w/spare battery charger by OrionGadgets: Review

So I was in need of a cradel/dock for my EVO with the ability to charge a spare battery. Coming from the Pre and being spoiled by the Touchstone, having to plug in a phone is just not cool. I looked around and found this dock on Amazon for $24 and ordered it and an extra battery.

The dock looks like a $24 dock....not to luxurious but not total crap either. I was scared at first that my phone wouldn't fit in the dock wearing the Case-Mate Barely There case but it did. It was a little snug at first but now it slides in pretty effortlessly. I have been using the dock for 5 days now and It has functioned perfectly. I comes with it's own AC adapter and USB cable so it frees up your factory EVO AC adapter for use elsewhere. The dock uses a mini USB connection and not a Micro so using the factory plug with the OrionGadgets dock is not possible. All in all I am happy with the purchase; it does the job. If a factory HTC dock does come put I will probably go in that direction and use this one for PC synching.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

It looks like there's a piece that supports the lower back of the Evo, is that what I'm seeing or is that part of your case? One thing I hated about a lot of iPhone docks was that they practically really on the male end of the plug for support.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

yes, there is a clear plastic peice tat supports the phone, it's sort of like a sleeve it slides into. It is rock solid too, I tried to see if I could get it off in case the phone didn't fit on the dock with the Case-mate on it.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Very nice, thanks a lot!

Default Re: New Evo dock w/spare battery charger by OrionGadgets: Review

NICE!!! I was looking for something exactly like this. My only concern is that I have one of those rubberized Ebay cases on it. Not sure how or if it'll fit.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

Link to amazon on your main post please

I think I'm going to get this as well.
    MOES-WORLD.COM

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

Thanks for the links
    MOES-WORLD.COM