1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Case-Mate Tough Case

Anyone see that they finally have it for sale? I didn't see any thread on it yet. I was waiting for it but now that the Otterbox ones are coming out too I am more interested in that, though the Case-Mate one is cheaper.

The volume buttons in those photos look really recessed, I wonder how hard it'll be to push them. That's one thing I really dislike about my Evo, the buttons are too flush with the device. The Otterbox ones look like they are really easy to press. I'll probably wait for reviews from people before deciding.

Anyone have experience with Case-Mate's Tough Case for another phone?
    Last edited by Civ2boss; 08-21-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Not sure how much the case-mate case is, but when I'm protecting a $500 handset I'm not worried about 10 or 20 dollars difference if I get even minimal advantages with the more expensive case. Otterbox commuter has 2 things I like over this one, more pronounced buttons, and covered ports. I like the diamond-esque finish of the one you posted though, but I like to have covered ports so that case is a no go for me...

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

That case mate is similar to the seidio one...
    My Evo 3D > your phone
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,899 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just got this case in. I put it on to see how it fits and I'm fairly impressed. I'm not sure I'm gonna use it as my everyday case because of the size, but when I need a little more protection I'll throw it on. It seems durable enough. Hard plastic over a geli skin.

It makes the buttons easier to press, IMO. I have no issues with the case and if they made a belt clip for it it would be perfect. I would put in in between the Innocase Active and Innocase Rugged for protection. Reason being that it doesn't cover any of the ports or have flaps to cover the camera. The kickstand is easy to get out and use, and there doesn't appear to be any space between the case and screen for dust to get.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Wow that sounds great, I am still deciding between this and the otterbox ones. Tough decisions but at least we have options now that we didn't have before.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    I have no issues with the case and if they made a belt clip for it it would be perfect.
    I bet this would fit into the Seidio Active Holster (If Case-Mate doesn't come out with a holster of their own.

Smile i use pdair leather case

I order two of my cell phone cases from Pdair, including EVO. They both work fine.

I think cate-mate's design is cool. I may try it some time.

Looks like case-mate meshed "otterboxs" new honeycomb pattern along with seidios "innocase-active" overall build design..kudos to casemate,,love this look..