Full Body Skins

31794ty

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble deciding on a clear full body skin. I am worried that the skin is going to be "sticky" and my finger will get stuck while sliding across the screen. I like the look of the Evo naked and don't want to cover it up with a case. Price isn't important, I just want a smooth and slippery skin. Any info is helpful.

Thanks, Tyler

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
phantom skinz is very good. I used them on my pre. I would say to avoid the Zagg invisible shield because it's rubbery feeling.

If it were me I would do something like the Seidio Ultra Screen Guard for the screen (that's what I use and nobody can tell I have one on my phone) and something like phantom skinz for the back. They make something called chromatics that will give your phone some color, too. IDK how the clear phantom skinz or something similar would look on the back of the phone because the phone is matte, but the protector would be glossy. When I had my pre and was reading about these a couple people put the phantom skinz on the touchstone back (which is matte finish) and said it looked like crap.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Zagg full body skin on my phone but I didn't like the tacky feel of the screen protector so I used this one.

SGPStore.com | Stylish Premium Quality Cases and Screen Protectors for Your iPhone, iPod, iPad, Laptop, Camera, and More!

As my screen protector for a while... It's ultra smooth like the glass... They send you 2 or 3 for the price... The only thing I didn't like was I got some dust under it and I eventually just took the screen protector off all together and have been "Naked" on the screen for 2 months now.. No scratches or problems so far... The glass screen is ultra tough.... Kept the Zagg on the back and sides....

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a zagg full body, and I have to say it is slippery, there is no tackiness at all.

Not trying to argue or offend, but have you had experience with other brands? What I was trying to describe is more of a rubbery feel, not so much tackiness or stickiness. Phantomskinz is MUCH smoother, IMO, than Zagg. But neither has anywhere near the smoothness of my Seidio Ultra Screen Guard. That literally feels like the phone doesn't have a screen guard on it at all.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the Zagg full body skin on my phone but I didn't like the tacky feel of the screen protector so I used this one.

SGPStore.com | Stylish Premium Quality Cases and Screen Protectors for Your iPhone, iPod, iPad, Laptop, Camera, and More!

As my screen protector for a while... It's ultra smooth like the glass... They send you 2 or 3 for the price... The only thing I didn't like was I got some dust under it and I eventually just took the screen protector off all together and have been "Naked" on the screen for 2 months now.. No scratches or problems so far... The glass screen is ultra tough.... Kept the Zagg on the back and sides....

I've heard that these are nice, but I had a lengthy "conversation" with somebody else on the forums a while ago that had both, and they preferred the Seidio for the feel, and said the SGP is a little thicker. I did think about getting the anti-fingerprint screen guard from them, though, because I've heard good things about them.

Both brands are good, though, and the Steinheil (the company that makes SGP) has a very good reputation.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've heard that these are nice, but I had a lengthy "conversation" with somebody else on the forums a while ago that had both, and they preferred the Seidio for the feel, and said the SGP is a little thicker. I did think about getting the anti-fingerprint screen guard from them, though, because I've heard good things about them.

Both brands are good, though, and the Steinheil (the company that makes SGP) has a very good reputation.

No experience with the Seidio.... The SGP one was nice I just got annoyed with the dust... I tried every thing even running a good shower to cut down on the dust and still get ONE piece under it... So finally I just went naked and I love it that way...

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
No experience with the Seidio.... The SGP one was nice I just got annoyed with the dust... I tried every thing even running a good shower to cut down on the dust and still get ONE piece under it... So finally I just went naked and I love it that way...

I agree that a naked phone feels the best. Did you try using the scotch tape trick to get the dust out of there?

31794ty

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Do these full body skins also go over the camera? If they don't I think I will just buy that seidio screen protector.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do these full body skins also go over the camera? If they don't I think I will just buy that seidio screen protector.

Most I've seen do not cover the camera.

I use the seidio screen guard and case mate barely there case. Not bulky and it protects the camera.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree that a naked phone feels the best. Did you try using the scotch tape trick to get the dust out of there?

yeah it came with instructions on how to use scotch tape to remove the dust.. well on the first shield I installed pulling it back up enough to get to the dust I ended up with more dust and the corner would no longer stick down all the way so I kept messing with it trying to figure it out and then the second one got dust under it and I did (using scotch tape) get all the dust out but the freaking corner wouldn't stick down any more AGAIN so I just ripped it off and went naked.... Been very happy with that decision so far....

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Zagg's has a piece that you can put on the camera.

Looking at the pictures of the full body kit online it doesn't show a piece for the camera.

I've also read feedback from other forums (AC and non-AC) from people that have this and they say it does not come with a piece for the camera lense.

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to argue or offend, but have you had experience with other brands? What I was trying to describe is more of a rubbery feel, not so much tackiness or stickiness. Phantomskinz is MUCH smoother, IMO, than Zagg. But neither has anywhere near the smoothness of my Seidio Ultra Screen Guard. That literally feels like the phone doesn't have a screen guard on it at all.

no offense taken, but I have tried other skins. I have tried phantom skins and another brand, and I like the durability of the Zagg, and I have had problems with the stickiness in the past of the Zagg, but the current one on my EVO works great, and is slippery.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
no offense taken, but I have tried other skins. I have tried phantom skins and another brand, and I like the durability of the Zagg, and I have had problems with the stickiness in the past of the Zagg, but the current one on my EVO works great, and is slippery.

I used both on my Pre (Zagg and Phantomskinz). Maybe it has to do with the phone itself, but after the experience I had with the Pre I personally won't use them again. I do agree that based on the claims of the company (and some personal experience) the protection is awesome.

On a side note do you have any of the "orange peel" problems that are pretty common to the IS? I had them on my Pre and tried every trick in the book to get rid of it and I just couldn't (even the car wax trick). That's another reason I won't use them anymore.

I did have the IS on my Instinct before the Pre and it didn't feel as bad as it did on the Pre.

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
no orange peel on my Instinct or Pre. I know there is no documentation on the camera cover, but it's there. When my wife put it on for me, she originally was about to throw it away, but I saw it, and asked her to put it on the lens.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
no orange peel on my Instinct or Pre. I know there is no documentation on the camera cover, but it's there. When my wife put it on for me, she originally was about to throw it away, but I saw it, and asked her to put it on the lens.

They should document that because A LOT of people have been asking about that. I know you have nothing to do with that but it's worth putting out there for people to know.

31794ty

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I think I am going to get the Seidio Full body skin. All the reviews I have read say that it's a good skin and it's slippery instead of being "sticky". Which is just what I want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers