1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trying to get a general consensus in one single thread, about which battery u suggest

I searched and read thru about 100 posts regarding battery life, good batteries, bad batteries, etc.

Just trying to get a general consensus in one single thread, about which battery you guys use and would recommend for your EVO?

Thanks and Peace

Stock battery is fine. I got the ebay special that comes with 2 1500 batteries and a battery wall charger for 10 bucks. In my opinion the 3500 battery kit makes the phone look like absolute garbage. I finally got to see one in person and I wouldn't be caught in public with that. It looks absolutely horrible... But to each their own. I say get the extra batteries. Make sure you don't have any crazy apps messing up your battery life and you'll be good to do.... there's aways rooting too
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Loving my Seidio 3500
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

With gerneral use, how many hours do u get with the Seidio 3500?

Love this post. My sentiments exactly. Good here, bad there. What to buy. I just started ignoring them and will stick with my stock battery. Seems to be doing fine.

the only consensus is that there is no consensus.

don't F with a big ugly rumpshaker battery. stock is fine.

if it ain't broke - don't break it.

good luck.

You know what would be cool? Is if the users with the 3500 battery could post some good clear pics of it on their EVO's. Like to see real world pics.

I am thinking of going the 1750 battery at best buy instead of just buying another stock batt. This would give me two batt with out adding bulk.

I seem to be getting decent battery life so far.

Although this is covered in a lot of other posts, its also pretty obvious. You'll get the best battery life out of the Seido 3500mah battery (duh), but it seems to be split on whether or not it makes the phone look bad. The 1750mah batteries have mostly been reported to give about the same battery life as the stock 1500mah battery.

Personally, I like the thin form factor of my stock evo, and I rarely, rarely have my phone die on me within a day (I think its happened twice since I got it June 4th).

Stock battery works pretty good... I did buy a Seidio 1750 mAh battery as my back up battery... Honestly in using that battery and the stock 1500 mAh battery I get about the same battery life. I agree the 3500 mAh battery is freaking FUGLY (IMO) I wouldn't want to add that much bulk to my phone and that ugly battery door they put on there.. Nasty...

On the standard and 1750 I average about 16 hours with between 15 - 30% remaining on what I consider moderate use.... I always have the back up with me just in case and swap them out from time to time... Never had to actually swap out batteries because the original went dead I just try to rotate and use them both...

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/ Bonsai

With general use you can go about 2 days...it's very difficult to get the 3500 below 40% in one day. It may look ugly to some but really never having to worry about your Evo dying on you makes it all worth it. I've used my phone pretty heavily all day with exchange checking email every 5 minutes...about 22 hours of being unplugged and I'm still at 47%.

Quote Originally Posted by slider9499 View Post
    With gerneral use, how many hours do u get with the Seidio 3500?

I bought 2 1600mAh bateries plus charger off ebay for $8.99 (free shipping) - they work great and I don't even worry about charging my phone anymore. I got an additional charger for $4 and leave one battery at work and one at home. Switch out at the end of the day and just keep on going.

The 3500 battery from Seidio is the way to go. Who cares what it looks like from the back? If you have a phone like the EVO you want to use it and all of it's great features. With the 3500 extended battery, you are not constantly checking your battery usage. Plus, with the new battery cover in back, you get the added bonus of your camera lens being protected since the cover protects the lens while lying on it's back. It does nithing to change the look of the front screen of the camera, and isn't that what's most important?

Quote Originally Posted by a1spud View Post
    I bought 2 1600mAh bateries plus charger off ebay for $8.99 (free shipping) - they work great and I don't even worry about charging my phone anymore. I got an additional charger for $4 and leave one battery at work and one at home. Switch out at the end of the day and just keep on going.
    I did the same thing... I think the 3500 mAh battery is FREAKING FUGLY!!! The EVO is a pretty big phone to start with... I have had it since release day and I have gotten use to it but its still big... No reason to add all that bulk..

I picked up a 1750 mAh spare battery and I got a spare charger to charge the battery without the phone AND it has a USB plug so you can charge your spare battery and your phone at the same time... Even though ever since I rooted I am getting amazing battery life so I don't even swap out batteries any more, I just keep a spare with me just in case....

and the Camera lens is well protected under the glass.. I never put a case on my phone since release and I rest it on the back of the phone all the time with not a single crack or scratch... I don't even use a screen protector any more either....

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes View Post
    The 3500 battery from Seidio is the way to go. Who cares what it looks like from the back? If you have a phone like the EVO you want to use it and all of it's great features. With the 3500 extended battery, you are not constantly checking your battery usage. Plus, with the new battery cover in back, you get the added bonus of your camera lens being protected since the cover protects the lens while lying on it's back. It does nithing to change the look of the front screen of the camera, and isn't that what's most important?
    I just got my 3500 today and I must agree with you 500%!! I love the fact it has more than enough juice to do what I want now and not worry about the low battery warning coming on. Ditto on protecting the camera lens while it's sitting on it's back and I also think it is much easier/safer picking the phone up now since you can wrap your fingers around the phones edges. To each his/her own I guess... I find nothing wrong with the looks of the added bulk, can't have everything i guess, but it still looks better than an ugly charging cord hooked to it.....LOL.

Love the 3500. But I cannot find a silicone case to fit. Broke phone once, trying to find something to protect corners of screen.

Quote Originally Posted by prubin99 View Post
    Love the 3500. But I cannot find a silicone case to fit. Broke phone once, trying to find something to protect corners of screen.
    Yes another minus for the 3500,, now I am trying to find a nice pouch for mine since the Krussell case I had is just a bit too small for the big battery. On a good note, I left the EVO turned on all night un-plugged and the battery meter hasn't moved any....awesome!

P.S. for all those complaining about the size of the 3500, take a look at the first PDA phone I owned compared to my Tour with a Defender case on it!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trying to get a general consensus in one single thread, about which battery u suggest-003.jpg  
    Last edited by olemil; 09-14-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Just got sick of coming home at the end of the day with a dead Evo..Sick of always having to be near a wall socket and transporting a car charger from every single vehicle I placed myself in,,and deffffinately was NOT gonna walk around with my pockets clanking with spare batteries..lifes too complicated,,this batteries simplified mine..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trying to get a general consensus in one single thread, about which battery u suggest-imag0151.jpg