1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DealExtreme EVO car mount

Found an EVO car mount on DealExtreme. For $5.50 I'll give it a try.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

anyone tried this?
    it almost looks too good to be true.

I have bought other stuff from that web site like cords and stuff..so they are legit.

Still have to plug in a charger cord each time? - not for me.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Bought it and love it. The suction cup is very strong and the mount fits great and has full motion. Highly recommended.

Swyped with my Evo 4g running Fresh Evo 3.3.0.1

Will it hold the evo if it is in a case?

Could not pass this up! Literally just bought this the second I saw it (from the bathroom at Lowes.....wait TMI :/) Even though I have the OEM dock this will work perfectly on vacation in the rental cars!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Nope. Only holds a naked evo.

Swyped with my Evo 4g running Fresh Evo 3.3.0.1

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Thanks to the O/P for sharing. Just ordered one. I've been through several of these (more expensive) that just didn't have the right fit. This looks to be an exact fit, so I'm hoping this is the last one I buy. For $5.50, it's worth a try.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I had a generic car kit, and the long arm created too much motion when my car was moving. The vibration of my crappy car just caused the kit to move around too much and it was distracting.
    I'm over exaggerating, but the slight vibrations from the long arm did cause enough distraction for me to worry about trying another item with similar qualities.

Is this a sturdy solution?

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I ordered one of these from DealExtreme. It took about two weeks total to get here (they told me by email that it should be seven to ten working days, so that was about right). It is a basic package with no instructions but I am absolutely satisfied with the product. It has strong suction to the windshield and the phone seems to be solid and secure when mounted. So far this appears to be a great value. I'll report back to this thread if I find out differently.