Rugged cases any suggestions?

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I am an iron worker and the problem I am having in the metal dust plugging up my external speaker. It is not well protected. When i get the speaker replaced i am gonna put a fin cloth over top of the existing grill

MAXIMUS1000

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If youneed that portion covered the rugged case my seidio is what you need,there's a rubber flap that fully covers the lens and speaker.

jstplnfrank#AC

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the Seidio rugged case and holster combo, and then a regular Innocase Surface holster for when I don't need the protection.

Will be here Monday, have had Seidio products previously, I would recommend also.

MAXIMUS1000

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes this I will say,,seidios rugged holster combo was defiantly doing the job for me with protecting mydevice along with a nice look that ive gotten many compliments on as far as its unique look.If it where to accommodate my extended seidio battery is still have it on.

MAXIMUS1000

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You'll need the Otterbox, when it comes out.

Well I agree that the "defender"will ne a great case..the previous poster wanted a case that would give protection from particles getting into the speaker grill..and the otterbox won't give him that level of protection seeing as the seidio rugged case has an entire flap that covers that specific area entirely..

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Well I agree that the "defender"will ne a great case..the previous poster wanted a case that would give protection from particles getting into the speaker grill..and the otterbox won't give him that level of protection seeing as the seidio rugged case has an entire flap that covers that specific area entirely..

this!!!!

I am going on speaker number 3 and it seems that HTC failed to protect the rear speaker as they did with the front speaker. It has no issues with the same exposure.

After my speaker is replaced i will make my own grill to cover it.

What stores might stock the seidios covers to go check them out?

jstplnfrank can you post pictures when you get it? I have the htc car dock so i am interested in something easy to work with.

Thanks

jstplnfrank#AC

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
this!!!!

I am going on speaker number 3 and it seems that HTC failed to protect the rear speaker as they did with the front speaker. It has no issues with the same exposure.

After my speaker is replaced i will make my own grill to cover it.

What stores might stock the seidios covers to go check them out?

jstplnfrank can you post pictures when you get it? I have the htc car dock so i am interested in something easy to work with.

Thanks

Will do. Can't wait to have some protection for my phone.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Your best bet for getting the Seidio would be to order it online. I haven't seen it for sale in any brick and mortar store (most of them stock otterbox cases because of the name recognition).

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have my eye on the Seidio case, but i am starting to have my doubts. They reluctantly replaced my speaker telling me there is lots of corrosion inside and on the motherboard. And the next time it fails the phone needs to be replaced.

The problem I have with this is my phone lives in my truck when I am working and never in the weather. It is a humid climate here in the pacific northwest. While I was waiting on my phone most the people I seen in the store walked out with an unrepaired phone. They were all told there was corrosion and water damage. I think that is a load of BS! I went and looked at some of my old phones i have laying around that still work fine and they all had rust/ corrosion on the screws and parts in them.......

Sorry just my rant for the day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress