Otterbox Impact Series Case Now Available

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. I'm not a case lover and this one didn't change my mind.

It's bulky, maybe not as bulky as other cases, but it adds bulk. The EVO is a sleek, slender phone. It feels good in the hand. With the case my phone is fat, clumsy and has a rubbery, pebbly feel. The East & West sides on the front are floppy and don't adhere tightly. This isn't a problem if you pick up your phone with your fingers on the back and on the glass. I just find myself getting mad that it's loose. It is not a lint magnet and not sticky at all. All that said, I'll love the case if it saves my phone in a fall. I'll probably use it for a few months until I miss the real phone too much.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. I'm not a case lover and this one didn't change my mind.

It's bulky, maybe not as bulky as other cases, but it adds bulk. The EVO is a sleek, slender phone. It feels good in the hand. With the case my phone is fat, clumsy and has a rubbery, pebbly feel. The East & West sides on the front are floppy and don't adhere tightly. This isn't a problem if you pick up your phone with your fingers on the back and on the glass. I just find myself getting mad that it's loose. It is not a lint magnet and not sticky at all. It does not feel cheap. All that said, I'll love the case if it saves my phone in a fall. I'll probably use it for a few months until I miss the real phone too much.

PREvision

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I got mine today. Overall I like it. It's well made. A little more bulky than I expected and wish it was a litle more tight. But great case for the price.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I got my Impact case in today. I do like the material and it's very thick for a silicone case.

Because it's so thick it adds a little more bulk then I was expecting. It'll probably just take some getting used to. I'm going to leave it on for a few days and try to get used to it.

I know I'll enjoy being able to lay my phone down anywhere without working about scratching the lens on the screen now.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
yeah, I'm getting used to mine. I took it off last night and the phone seemed too skinny. It is a good feeling knowing that if I dropped the phone, it will be protected.

Dochas

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got my case a couple hours ago. Really liking it so far. Wasn't looking for something paper thin, I think it's just the right amount of cushion.

I really like that the power button is so much easier to use now too.

Cutouts are very accurate and it's still really easy to access the kickstand.

Winner in my book.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

davidoshennn

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Can other owners of this case confirm that this case isn't a lint magnet? dannyinterwebz from androidforums.com said the Otterbox Impact case case picks up fuzz and lint like tape. I want to purchase the case but I want to make sure that the case will be easy to put and remove from the front pocket of jeans. I wear fitted jeans so it isn't too baggy or tight.

A video review would be awesome!!!

Thanks in advance!

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Davido,

I've had the case for 2 days now. It doesn't seem to be a lint magnet to me. It picks up very little lint. That being said this could obviously depend greatly on the pocket it's going into.

As far as getting the phone out of your pocket in fitted jeans. I suspect it'd be a really pain. The case doesn't seem as sticky as other silicone cases. However the added bulk and very slight stickiness would be a problem. It's the one thing I'm still getting used to. So far I've only carried it in the side pocket on my work pants which are khaki's with fairly baggy pockets. I've found when removing it from my pocket it turns my pocket inside out about 50% of the time.

Overall I still like the case. It's nice to know I can set it down face down or camera down without having to worry about it.

This weekend will be the big test when I try to use it with jeans (not tight fit but not baggy either) as well. My guess is I'll be lucky to even get the phone in my pocket much less out of it.

I'll give it another week before I decided if I'm going to keep it on my phone or not.

davidoshennn

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info bjordan. One question I forgot to mention is, how does it compare to the HTC silicone case that was sold directly from Sprint. I've been using that case for the past few weeks and it seems to stick to every type of jeans and pants that I wear. Also how is the thickness and feel of the material between the two cases?

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Davido,

I don't have the HTC silicone case so I'm not sure. A friend of mine has a silicone case (I'm not sure which one) and it's not nearly as sticky as his.

As far as the thickness it's pretty thick. My wife also has an Evo without a case so I'll try to take pics of them side by side so you can see the bulk difference.

Dochas

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
For me at least the case really doesn't seem to attract lint at all.

The pockets are proving slightly more challenging. My jeans are usually fairly tight, not like skinny jeans tight but not a lot of looseness to them. Putting the phone in takes a bit more effort and taking it out often pulls the pocket inside out. This may go away a bit as the case breaks in but who knows.

Definitely not enough for me to not want to use the case as I love the feel and the protection.

davidoshennn

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
That seems pretty thick. Is the Impact case thicker then the Commuter case? Also is there anyone here that would be interested in selling their Commuter case for a cheap price?

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well the case is great quality and awesome design. However it's too bulky for me.

While I love being able to set my phone down anywhere and know it won't move and/or scratch I just can't do it any more. It's just too damn annoying trying to put and get out of a pocket.

My phone will be going bare again.

davidoshennn

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the TPU cases? They are thin and are not sticky like silicone cases. I've used one on my Tour 9650 and Bold 9650. It survived a few 3 foot drops onto carpet. I haven't dropped it onto concrete but I doubt it will prevent the phone from being scratched or damaged.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the TPU cases? They are thin and are not sticky like silicone cases. I've used one on my Tour 9650 and Bold 9650. It survived a few 3 foot drops onto carpet. I haven't dropped it onto concrete but I doubt it will prevent the phone from being scratched or damaged.

I think I'll try the Case Mate barely there case next:

http://store.androidcentral.com/case-mate-barely-there-case/4A123A7276.htm

First I'll probably just cut a circle out of a screen protector and put it on my camera lens. That's about all I care about anyway.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine yesterday from Amazon, it should be here tomorrow. Only $10.32 w free two day shipping! I signed up for the free trial Amazon Prime shipping deal. I've been wanting an Otterbox for some time. I hope its great!

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Update. Loved how the case looked initially. But now even 20 so days later its losing its shape and STILL attracts lint like crazy! I've tried the dish soap trick but still so much lint. I may have to go w another tpu case or the commuter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995