Otterbox Impact Series Case Now Available

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
The Otterbox Impact Series case is now available:

HTC EVO Impact Series Case // OtterBox.com

I've been waiting on this one, but I'm still not sure if I'm ready to pull the trigger yet. I usually don't like cases on my phones. However I hate not being able to lay my phone down without worrying about scratching the camera.

I might wait for reviews. If anyone gets this case please let me know how "rubbery" it is. Most silicon cases make it kind of hard to get the phone out of your pocket because it wants to stick. I'm not sure if this case will be that way.

Now if they'll just release the Defender Series Case my wife will be happy.

72guy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
That case looks very nice! I expected it to be bulkier. Now if they would make the same thing to fit the Seido 3500 battery.

Reactions: Ripcode

MAXIMUS1000

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
That case looks very nice! I expected it to be bulkier. Now if they would make the same thing to fit the Seido 3500 battery.

Lol,,,,dude,,,once I read this I immediately jumped on over to the otterbox website and actually had it in my cart and snapped out of it,,,I don't have the HEART to take a razor blade on this one to fit the seidio as it would be cutting away too much of that awesome texture,,,,lol.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I want one, but do you really think this will protect from a fall?

I wouldn't mind taking a razor to it so I can display HTC on the back. Hate having it look like I'm carrying an Otterbox phone.

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
aww hell, I took the plunge. I have the Commuter and still want something thinner since the phone is so damn big. I'll report back when it arrives. Also used the same code that I used for the Commuter and got 2.00 off and free fedex ground shipping. came to $17.95. Cases with much less of a reputation of Otterbox cases cost more than that sometimes. I was going to order another Seidio Surface case because mine cracked when I dropped Evo on our hardwood floor but it doesn't offer the camera lense protection that the Otterbox does. Another thing about the Commuter, it basically renders the kickstand useless as its bulk makes the Evo unstable.

Last edited:

androiduser7

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, got my Otterbox Impact Series case today. Fedex delivered at 3:53PM, opened the package when I got home from work. Shipping was very fast on this, ordered on the 8th got here on the 12th, and considering Monday was a holiday plus the weekend I would say that’s awesome shipping. Anywho, on to the case which you all have been waiting for……This case is AWESOME. I’m gonna try to make this as brief as possible. First of all, packaging is great, which is expected from Otterbox. They even had the thought to put those puffed up airbag things in the bottom of the shipping box even though all that was in it was a silicone case. Of course you get the case, and Otterbox throws in a screen protector, lint cloth/cleaning cloth, and a squeegee/card thing to get the air bubble out, which is a positive since I have heard that Otterbox’s screen protectors are really good anyway. As far as the case goes, no cheap stuff here! This is high quality silicone and it feels like it. Unlike most silicone cases which feel really flimsy, thin, and like they are gonna rip the moment you try to stretch it over the phone, the Otterbox case is a nice thickness, but no so thick that it adds unnecessary bulk to the phone. The case feels great in the hand, and even better when it’s on the phone, in the hand lol. Next, for a black silicone case, it is very stylish. You can attribute that to the diamond weave pattern on the back of the case, and flat out it just looks good on the phone. This case will most certainly protect your phone from everyday use and abuse, but you simply can’t expect a silicone case to protect your phone from a 3 foot or higher drop, however the way that this case feels combined with the shock absorbing feature on the inside of the case, I wouldn’t be surprised if the impact series case did. All of the cut outs are spot on! Camera cut out, flash cut out, speaker cutout, kickstand cut out, charging, HDMI, earphone, front facing camera, speaker grill, all perfect!!! Everywhere that there is a cutout, the case fits perfectly, and more importantly looks like it’s suppose to be there. The case covers up the volume rocker buttons and the screen lock/power button which is great bc most cases just leave a cut out for that and you can actually feel when your press on those buttons and you hear the click which is great as well. My favorite part is that when you put the phone down screen down you don’t have to worry about screen touching the table or w/e, and the same goes for the back with the camera lens ( I can finally take that stupid piece of clear tape off my camera lens yayay!!! Seriously this is an AMAZING case point, blank, period, and for 19.95 or as low as 16.95 with a coupon, it would be stupid and irresponsible not to buy it lol. I’m done, hope this helps some you guys and girls out there still hesitant to hit that “add to cart” button. Peace!

Reactions: Dochas and bjordan

androiduser7

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I think you will deff love the case. One thing I forgot to mention, the case is certain not a lent magnet, an it comes in and out the pocket just fine. I do wish that the case was a little tighter on the phone but I am just nit pickey.
Its not like the phone is gonna drop outta the case at all or anything. still nothing to worry about :).

Reactions: bjordan

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
@androiduser7, I ordered mine on the 9th, not getting it until tomorrow, the 14th. Not fair that you got yours so fast.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I think you will deff love the case. One thing I forgot to mention, the case is certain not a lent magnet, an it comes in and out the pocket just fine. I do wish that the case was a little tighter on the phone but I am just nit pickey.
Its not like the phone is gonna drop outta the case at all or anything. still nothing to worry about :).

Thanks for the review. So this silicone isn't sticky like most silicone cases?

If that's the case then this case might be perfect for me.

androiduser7

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
If thats what your looking for, this is deff the case for you. It is not sticky at all in your hand, but it will still stay planted on any surface. I know that sounds like crazy or impossible to do, but somehow otterbox did it. I really cant say enough about this case.

Dochas

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the review, glad to hear that it isn't sticky so I can easily get it in and out of my pocket. Think this is enough of a push to get me to place my order tonight.

If there is any chance that you can post a couple photos of the case on that would be swell :)

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
If thats what your looking for, this is deff the case for you. It is not sticky at all in your hand, but it will still stay planted on any surface. I know that sounds like crazy or impossible to do, but somehow otterbox did it. I really cant say enough about this case.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I just ordered one.

aabshire

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks from me also. I just ordered one. I used the code: tb1010y and got free Fedex ground and $2.00 discount - Total $17.95 shipped!!!

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today. Yep it's a silicone case but it's kinda thick. Doesn't feel cheap at all. It's the most form fitting of the cases I've tried and for me, that's a good thing. I've felt like my Seidio Surface and Otterbox Commuter cases added more bulk to an already big phone. Those cases don't accent the corners and edges of the Evo like i'd like. With the Impact series, it solves that problem for me. Also, the phone is much more stable using the kickstand on the Impact over the Commuter. There are smalll specks of lint on it now but from my experience with silicone cases, over time, once it's broken in, lint won't be an issue. I noticed it's no longer an issue on the silicone portion of my Otterbox Commuter.

I like the case. It's pretty much what i've been looking for in terms of having good protection without the bulk. I'll try to post pics later.

Edit: pics. not great...but you get an idea. Look at how much this case protects the screen should it fall face first. Looks to have more support than the Otterbox Commuter.

30k65xl.jpg

307suvl.jpg

2wntzpl.jpg

2941je1.jpg

2ebe4bn.jpg

Last edited:

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Got mine today as well. Case feels great in the hand. Dont know what material otterbox has put on the back but it feels awesome. This case is it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37