Vlingo InCar Vs Motospeak

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just bought the Motorola H17txt BT headset, which boasts the Motospeak app that will read your text messages to you while you are driving.

Problem is that it is a memory hog (size, not RAM) and only a 3 star rating.

I bought Vlingo when I had my Hero, but have not reinstalled it on my EVO, since the Google voice was pretty good.

I am curious (since I already paid for it) if Vlingo will essentially do the same thing (since the InCar beta boasts text-to-speech), only better?

If so, I will uninstall Motospeak and use Vlingo for this.

Curious if mods or other members have the same headset or can attest to how well the InCar works over BT or if there are any issues I should know about?

Thanks!

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry that I cannot comment on BT use, but, I used Google's app which was pretty good, but Vlingo has been nothing short of amazing for me, even in beta form. Faster, better speech handling, and ZERO hands on, which is what I was looking for to send text messages and having them read back to me. It's comical when it reads back cuss words as well (turned off by default).

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of InCar- anyone else having trouble with SafeReader staying on even after its shut off? The indicator goes away and suddenly hours later it turns itself on and I hear my email being read.

soker78

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
i dont know about the moto app. but vlingo i have and its great it has great widgets that makes it easier to send text open browser and any apps. also it has a new feature that reads text and emails automatically as they arrive no matter where your phone is, my phone is allways on my case and it reads it even when its there.. great app all around

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
@marksr - You have the setting in the menu switched to turn off when the BT is turned off, right? I have it set to only turn on when a BT device is connected.

So far it seems to work pretty well, so I deleted the Motospeak app (which says 7.89 MB in the market, but on the phone it was listed as 12!) and reinstalled the Vlingo.

Am I supposed to wait for voice prompts when I want to replay to a text? I had a text come in, read to me, then I said 'reply' and nothing happened.

Also, can you use terms like "repeat", if you want it read again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol