Any cases that will fit with extended battery?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Sprint 2600mah extended battery with the backs. The HTC gel kinda fits, but not enough around the edges. Any cases that would fit?

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
saw someone post this up a while back and it says it's shipping now.

seidioonline.com

Thanks for posting this, I have been waiting! BUT, I think I am going to wait for someone else to buy it and post a review. Just looking at the photos, there are a few things that I see that I wish were different:

- The little "pocket" area that is formed around the camera looks like it will be problematic with collecting dust and pocket lint.

- I thought that it would have been smarter to design the case so that the battery cover actually wasn't covered by the case, so it doesn't add any more bulk than necessary, I really don't care so much about protecting the battery cover as I do about protecting the sides and corners of my phone.

I really want to try this case out, but for $50 I will wait to see some real-world photos/reviews first. I just have a feeling that this case will put it over the top as far as bulkiness goes. If I can't easily fit it into my pocket I would not be happy with it. The 3500 battery alone does not bother me at all, I really like it, and the added (minimal) bulk is not an issue to me.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Another thing, doesn't it seem like the "pocket" area that I referred to would also block the camera flash on the right side of the phone?

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Not so sure on the camera flash. I would assume they usually test these things pretty heavily before they put them into production...and camera flash seems like a pretty important thing to test when your developing a case. But who knows, I've had cases that have altered it in the past.

And on the lint note, I completely agree with you there. The rubber on my otterbox case is a lint magnet. This case looks like it has more rubber exposed when compared to the otterbox case...so that to me would also be a turnoff. Looking forward to reading a review when someone finally does order one.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Seidio had a flash interference problem on the extended battery for the Palm Pre. I suspect they are pretty sensitive to that issue now, after replacing a bunch of Palm Pre backs for free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49