Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    With any battery, it is best to keep the habit of waiting for the battery to reach the low battery warning signs to put it on the charger. This way, you will get the most out of the battery in terms of the life (longer lasting over months).
    This is not true. It has been confirmed by many sources that a lithium ion battery like this does not need to fully discharge before recharging to get max life. Actually, the truth is quite contrary to this, and that it keeps your battery healthier to recharge when you can, more times than you would achieve by draining your battery constantly.

I have been using this 3500 battery for a few months now, and I can tell you it is holding up great just charging it up overnight every night. The battery rarely gets below 60% by the time I plug it in at night, and it is not hurting the battery one bit. it holds just as much charge as the first week I bought it.

Plug it in at night and forget about the charging during the day. This battery is made for people who do not want to be tethered to their chargers all day long. Stop worrying about it so much and enjoy your phone.
    Send files between your Android and your PC with Dropbox - Click here

Quote Originally Posted by eye4ni View Post
    Plug it in at night and forget about the charging during the day. This battery is made for people who do not want to be tethered to their chargers all day long. Stop worrying about it so much and enjoy your phone.
    This is after the initial conditioning of the battery, right?

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MemBirdman View Post
    This is after the initial conditioning of the battery, right?
    Yes, the first few days I believe that it is better to run the battery down a bit before charging, but I never did, I just plugged it in at night no matter what the battery remaining was. It takes a few days for it to start holding a great charge, I'd say mine was primed up after about 5 days.

I put an android decal on the new battery cover, I think it makes a big difference. My phone may be large, and a little thick, but damn I use the hell outta this thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Battery HTC EVO 4G - My Take-evo.jpg  

Well after doing alittle more research i have to put my foot in my mouth over the charge thing (thanks alot eye4ni lol)

I found this interesting article on the batteries and thought i would share it.

How to prolong lithium-based batteries
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
    Thanked by 2:

One more question.

First day, I've read that the battery will be about half charged. To start the conditioning process, do I discharge it completely or charge it from that starting position?

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MemBirdman View Post
    One more question.

First day, I've read that the battery will be about half charged. To start the conditioning process, do I discharge it completely or charge it from that starting position?
    You don't have to do anything special, just make sure you leave it plugged in for a full 8 hours for the initial charge. After that, you can use the battery conditioning methods discussed in other battery threads (unplug, turn off, plug in, wait for green like, repeat over and over).

Thought I would share this screen shot, been off the charger for around 27 hours, still 63% battery. I haven't placed a lot of calls, maybe 3 or 4 short ones, but have used my phone pretty moderately surfing the web and streaming media last night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Battery HTC EVO 4G - My Take-snap20110122_123444.jpg  

i dont know how you guys get so much hr out of your phone im a heavy user i can get 12hr from my battery, live wall paper, and aol/facebook chat stay on. I Text,I surf. My thing is i dont want to change my habit i want those things on, sooo does 12hr sounds about right?, to make myself clear i have a 3500 battery

Quote Originally Posted by eye4ni View Post
    You don't have to do anything special, just make sure you leave it plugged in for a full 8 hours for the initial charge. After that, you can use the battery conditioning methods discussed in other battery threads (unplug, turn off, plug in, wait for green like, repeat over and over).

Thought I would share this screen shot, been off the charger for around 27 hours, still 63% battery. I haven't placed a lot of calls, maybe 3 or 4 short ones, but have used my phone pretty moderately surfing the web and streaming media last night.

and what app is that on the att thumbnail?

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10

I just got the 3500 mah battery at best buy. Its call "platinum series" did some research and people say its the same exact one as the sedio. Same size, same door, etc. I put the battery in right out of the box and it was at about 60%... should I drain it down very low and then charge it all the way? Or put it on the charger right from the start?

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j0eycasco View Post
    I just got the 3500 mah battery at best buy. Its call "platinum series" did some research and people say its the same exact one as the sedio. Same size, same door, etc. I put the battery in right out of the box and it was at about 60%... should I drain it down very low and then charge it all the way? Or put it on the charger right from the start?
    Put it on the charger and leave it there for a long time, 8+ hours.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    and what app is that on the att thumbnail?
    Not an app, just battery info screen in settings.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

For some reason, my battery has been draining alot quicker latley. Yesterday i put in my extended battery and and after 5 hours of light use, the battery was at 60%.

I amnot rooted, running with halfway high brightness on the screen and the haptic feedback turned on. But those are the only differences then when i was getting almost 40 hours on a full charge, Any thoughts?

I've had this battery for about 2 weeks. I just finished the initial 5 charge rotation straight from the optional wall charger swapping it with the standard red battery so i always had my phone going.

I am very impressed with the Seidio battery and just how long it lasts compared to the stock battery... that is when its fully charged with the wall charger, not inside the phone.

As soon as I unplugged the phone, the Seidio battery immediately jumped down to 92% of charge as compared to starting at 100 and grinding down to the same level after hours of use when using the wall charger.

8% difference in charging. That is quite significant.

For anyone that doesn't have an external charger for this battery, go spend the $20 and get one. You will get the FULL potential out of your battery.

I was previously using the Seidio 1750 mAh battery. I had to "manage" my phone (turned off the usual suspects, GPS, always on mobile, Bluetooth, etc.) to make it through a high usage day.

I recently switched to the 3500 mAh and now have every single thing turned on.

First charge I got 48+ hours.

I'm on my second charge now at 29% after 30 hours.

Love it.

I cant believe how much battery can be eatten by the brightness of the display. I turned my brightness up to about 3/4 of the way, and my battery was drainging quickly as hell. I turned it back down to where it was before, and now the battery is acting like it was before, getting about 40 hours out of a single charge

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    I cant believe how much battery can be eatten by the brightness of the display. I turned my brightness up to about 3/4 of the way, and my battery was drainging quickly as hell. I turned it back down to where it was before, and now the battery is acting like it was before, getting about 40 hours out of a single charge
    I had this same exact problem.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7

i just switched to an evo and got this battery. hopefully i report some great results in a few days

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen or Warm

First day on this battery and I can never go back to stock. I used it pretty heavily all day from 8-5, including listening to music, browsing, etc. Spent an hour on the phone after work, then some more texting, browsing etc, then another 3 hour phone conversation. I'm still at 17% left, which at the pace it was draining throughout the day, still means about 2-3 hours of moderate usage or 3-5 of light usage.

I'm sold.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

I bought the cheap 3500 mah battery off ebay. It was a US seller too!!! $13 shipped to my door and I am sooo happy I got this thing. I like the battery door on the cheap one I got rather than the seidio battery door. It seems like it goes with the phone better. Just thought Id post to look on ebay for those of you that dont want to shell out as much money.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I finally bought the 3500 Seidio battery and I am happy. Since 9am I have been using my phone at work and home heavily and I still have 37% after 12hrs.

Sent from my Evo
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

Ok I just got one off of amazonfor about 18 bucks,I'm waiting for it to come in the mail,Do u know if theirs any good holster for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Quacker87 View Post
    I bought the cheap 3500 mah battery off ebay. It was a US seller too!!! $13 shipped to my door and I am sooo happy I got this thing. I like the battery door on the cheap one I got rather than the seidio battery door. It seems like it goes with the phone better. Just thought Id post to look on ebay for those of you that dont want to shell out as much money.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I paid $52 for mine at Amazon.... just be careful with Ebay. This site and the guys at Android Atlas said the ones off Ebay were Knock offs and could heat your phone up. Better get a battery app that has Temprature on it. It's called Battery Life and its free on the market. When I heard this news I went for the Sedio - one I could trust no matter what it costs. You do get what you pay for sometimes.

BTW- After my first charge (overnight 8+ hours) I got 32+ hours before it got to 10% battery left. That's using everything.... Wi-Fi, live wallpaper, emails sync every 30 mins., facebook, Gtunes, Downloading apps, games (angry birds, Sprint TV (a cartoon for my son), talk, text, Twitter, I even used navigation for a half hour or so.... Not bad at all.

OK, apparently talking on the phone uses a heck of a lot of battery power... I talked 165 mins. roughly 3 hours and kept all other settings same as above and only got 17.5 hours before I was in the "red zone". I'm a big text person... hardly ever actually talk. I ever realized talking ate up all the battery juice.

Can anyone post the pic of EVO back as to how it looks like. Looks like 3500 is lot better than the 1750 is that the verdict here..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast