Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Battery HTC EVO 4G - My Take

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is the battery dying on you half way through the day? I have not had a need to charge more than once per day (overnight). Not sure why anyone would want to, that is the whole point of using this battery, to leave the charger at home.

MemBirdman

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Here's a question I have...

Once I do the battery conditioning (5-6 times charge fully, then let to discharge fully), should I continue to wait for it to get into the teens before charging again? Or at that point, would it be OK to plug it in overnight, even with a significant charge left?

EDIT: Just realized this was my first message. Getting my Evo early February, already have the extended battery :)

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Today is my first day using my new batttery. i have a habit of plugging my phone up randomly. my question is, should I only plug my phone up when the bars turn red?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
With any battery, it is best to keep the habit of waiting for the battery to reach the low battery warning signs to put it on the charger. This way, you will get the most out of the battery in terms of the life (longer lasting over months).

With moderate usage my 3500 mah battery is at 59% and has been unplugged for 26hrs.

What you need to do for the extended battery, first couple of charge and discharge cycles are not good representations of the batteries full potential. You have to go through about 3-5 full charge and discharge cycles to get it conditioned. You also need to leave the battery on the charger for about another 2-3 hours AFTER it says it is done charging. Do this, and it will amaze you.

You can also check out this thread here to see what myself and others have already discussed.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/evo-accessories/50559-seidio-draining-quickly.html

Reactions: smallpsych

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
With any battery, it is best to keep the habit of waiting for the battery to reach the low battery warning signs to put it on the charger. This way, you will get the most out of the battery in terms of the life (longer lasting over months).

This is not true. It has been confirmed by many sources that a lithium ion battery like this does not need to fully discharge before recharging to get max life. Actually, the truth is quite contrary to this, and that it keeps your battery healthier to recharge when you can, more times than you would achieve by draining your battery constantly.

I have been using this 3500 battery for a few months now, and I can tell you it is holding up great just charging it up overnight every night. The battery rarely gets below 60% by the time I plug it in at night, and it is not hurting the battery one bit. it holds just as much charge as the first week I bought it.

Plug it in at night and forget about the charging during the day. This battery is made for people who do not want to be tethered to their chargers all day long. Stop worrying about it so much and enjoy your phone.

MemBirdman

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Plug it in at night and forget about the charging during the day. This battery is made for people who do not want to be tethered to their chargers all day long. Stop worrying about it so much and enjoy your phone.

This is after the initial conditioning of the battery, right?

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is after the initial conditioning of the battery, right?

Yes, the first few days I believe that it is better to run the battery down a bit before charging, but I never did, I just plugged it in at night no matter what the battery remaining was. It takes a few days for it to start holding a great charge, I'd say mine was primed up after about 5 days.

I put an android decal on the new battery cover, I think it makes a big difference. My phone may be large, and a little thick, but damn I use the hell outta this thing.

MemBirdman

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
One more question.

First day, I've read that the battery will be about half charged. To start the conditioning process, do I discharge it completely or charge it from that starting position?

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
One more question.

First day, I've read that the battery will be about half charged. To start the conditioning process, do I discharge it completely or charge it from that starting position?

You don't have to do anything special, just make sure you leave it plugged in for a full 8 hours for the initial charge. After that, you can use the battery conditioning methods discussed in other battery threads (unplug, turn off, plug in, wait for green like, repeat over and over).

Thought I would share this screen shot, been off the charger for around 27 hours, still 63% battery. I haven't placed a lot of calls, maybe 3 or 4 short ones, but have used my phone pretty moderately surfing the web and streaming media last night.

Seven_Speed

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
i dont know how you guys get so much hr out of your phone im a heavy user i can get 12hr from my battery, live wall paper, and aol/facebook chat stay on. I Text,I surf. My thing is i dont want to change my habit i want those things on, sooo does 12hr sounds about right?, to make myself clear i have a 3500 battery

Seven_Speed

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to do anything special, just make sure you leave it plugged in for a full 8 hours for the initial charge. After that, you can use the battery conditioning methods discussed in other battery threads (unplug, turn off, plug in, wait for green like, repeat over and over).

Thought I would share this screen shot, been off the charger for around 27 hours, still 63% battery. I haven't placed a lot of calls, maybe 3 or 4 short ones, but have used my phone pretty moderately surfing the web and streaming media last night.

and what app is that on the att thumbnail?

j0eycasco

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got the 3500 mah battery at best buy. Its call "platinum series" did some research and people say its the same exact one as the sedio. Same size, same door, etc. I put the battery in right out of the box and it was at about 60%... should I drain it down very low and then charge it all the way? Or put it on the charger right from the start?

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got the 3500 mah battery at best buy. Its call "platinum series" did some research and people say its the same exact one as the sedio. Same size, same door, etc. I put the battery in right out of the box and it was at about 60%... should I drain it down very low and then charge it all the way? Or put it on the charger right from the start?

Put it on the charger and leave it there for a long time, 8+ hours.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, my battery has been draining alot quicker latley. Yesterday i put in my extended battery and and after 5 hours of light use, the battery was at 60%.

I amnot rooted, running with halfway high brightness on the screen and the haptic feedback turned on. But those are the only differences then when i was getting almost 40 hours on a full charge, Any thoughts?

Karadax

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had this battery for about 2 weeks. I just finished the initial 5 charge rotation straight from the optional wall charger swapping it with the standard red battery so i always had my phone going.

I am very impressed with the Seidio battery and just how long it lasts compared to the stock battery... that is when its fully charged with the wall charger, not inside the phone.

As soon as I unplugged the phone, the Seidio battery immediately jumped down to 92% of charge as compared to starting at 100 and grinding down to the same level after hours of use when using the wall charger.

8% difference in charging. That is quite significant.

For anyone that doesn't have an external charger for this battery, go spend the $20 and get one. You will get the FULL potential out of your battery.

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I was previously using the Seidio 1750 mAh battery. I had to "manage" my phone (turned off the usual suspects, GPS, always on mobile, Bluetooth, etc.) to make it through a high usage day.

I recently switched to the 3500 mAh and now have every single thing turned on.

First charge I got 48+ hours.

I'm on my second charge now at 29% after 30 hours.

Love it.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I cant believe how much battery can be eatten by the brightness of the display. I turned my brightness up to about 3/4 of the way, and my battery was drainging quickly as hell. I turned it back down to where it was before, and now the battery is acting like it was before, getting about 40 hours out of a single charge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude