Quick question about the Seidio 3500 mah battery

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I just received this in the mail today and it said to charge it for 8 hours and then when it shows that it is fully charged, leave it on for 3 hours more.

I have had it plugged in for approximately 1- 1 1/2 hours and the light is green, showing it is fully charged. So is this accurate (since it said it would take 8 hours initially). Should I assume it's fully charged and leave it on for 3 more hours, or leave it on for the full 8 hours like it said in the packaging?

I'm not sure about these batteries, so I don't want to ruin it on my first charge.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
The same thing happened to me, I got mine Saturday and plugged it in around 7pm and checked on it around 10 or so and the light was already green. I assumed it was because maybe the battery came partially charged to begin with. I left it on the charger all night and took it off around 9am. After the first charge I have gotten 31 hours and 30 mins. so far. It's red and saying plug in charger now (10% life left). To test the battery I have had Wi-Fi on the whole time, used Navigation for about a half hour, Sprint TV (an episode of Phineas and Ferb for son), emails (refreshing every hour), Twitter, Facebook, Live wallpaper (electric Bubbles), G-Tunes downloaded 10 or so songs, Album art to grab covers, Played the music, Shazam intermittently, Notes app yesterday shopping, Texting, talking (not any long calls though , longest call 30 mins. and a bunch of short calls),Google and Vlingo searches, took 1 video and about 10 pics, played around in Market and did like 10 updates and dowloaded a few new apps.... Whew. Probably did more but most of the time I just play on Facebook and Twitter, which used to suck the hell out of my battery. The insert also said it gets better with 5 or 6 charges under its belt. How's your battery life been?
The charger added a little bulk but I like it actually- it protects the camera lens better. I'm obssesive with my gadgets and had laid it on a soft surface always to protect it. Now I feel more confident to lay it down. I must say it did add heaviness to it. This thing is noticably heavier now.... do your wrist exercises ladies, LOL.

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I just received my battery today, so I can't tell you how it's been.

I did just speak with a Seidio rep and they said that I should charge it for approximately 11 hours each day (for the first 5 days) irregardless of what the battery indicator light says. Of course they recommend this be done overnight.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
That's good to hear. I worried I may be doing it harm by charging it that long, LOL. I refuse to set my alarm to take it off the charger at night exactly at 8 hours, :) Can't wait to hear how long yours goes for...

Johnnydalimp

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are the two of you using a separate battery charging dock or just charging from the phone? I've had mine for a few weeks now but haven't used it because I'm waiting for my charging dock from China. Lol, It's been forever waiting for this charger. I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to stick it in my phone and charge it this way. What do you guys think?

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
ive had mine for two weeks I love it the first charge i left mine on all night also which was actually 8 hours and i charge it in my phone love the battery wish i would have switched sooner

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the OEM charger. After the first charge, I've already noticed a substantial difference. They said it would take about 5 days to get the battery to it's optimum state, so if that's true, I'm going to love this battery.

hawkman610

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That battery is awesome! Just leave the phone plugged in for 3 hours after the light turns green. That's all I did. My battery arrived nearly full charged. I think they say 8 hours for the times when the battery would show up completely drained for what ever reason. It does take several hours to charge up from being completely dead.