Noob question about changing micro sd card

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got a 16gb PNY micro sd card. It says it's a Class 4, what does this mean? Is PNY compatible with my phone or, should I return the memory card?

techspark

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes it should work fine as long as it is a decent one that is becasuse I haven't heard of pny before.
Regarding the class....class determines the speed of your sd card....class 4 means the sd card will read/write at maximum speed of 4mbps...which is twice as fast as the stock sd card in evo which is just class 2.

Sent from my evo using Tapatalk

Reactions: CoryBantic

davisondan

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Is a class 10 16 gig micro sd card compatible with the Evo? Best Buy has this card for $ 50, is this a good deal or should I save a little and get a class 4 card? I read somewhere that the ideal speed card would be a class 6?

Herb Tarlek

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Is a class 10 16 gig micro sd card compatible with the Evo? Best Buy has this card for $ 50, is this a good deal or should I save a little and get a class 4 card? I read somewhere that the ideal speed card would be a class 6?
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that the only thing that the card speed will really impact is if you're taking HD video; slower cards will have a more difficult time keeping up (or might not work at all, I don't shoot video with my phone so v:confused:v )

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Class 10 cards don't always work well with Android. Android has a rear/write limit. I think you'd be hard pressed to see anything different from a class 4 to even a class 6. Class 4 is probably the best bang for the buck.

PNY is a very well known. But I think many card are actually manufactured by the same companies and re-branded. You'll notice good and vary bad reviews on same spec cards from different manufactures. There has been a long standing thread discussion micro SD cards, quality etc.

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Im a noob too,,just got my INFUSE at costco and how do I transfer files from the original sd to my new 16g sdcard? should i removed the sd card from my phone then copy and paste the files to my pc,,then copy it to the new sd card? :confused:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Just transfer what is on your old card to your pc and then move them to your new one. Also doing this you will have a backup of what is on your card just in case your new card acts up.

Reactions: c00l0ne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed