1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Noob question about changing micro sd card

I just got a 16gb PNY micro sd card. It says it's a Class 4, what does this mean? Is PNY compatible with my phone or, should I return the memory card?

Yes it should work fine as long as it is a decent one that is becasuse I haven't heard of pny before.
    Regarding the class....class determines the speed of your sd card....class 4 means the sd card will read/write at maximum speed of 4mbps...which is twice as fast as the stock sd card in evo which is just class 2.

Sent from my evo using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Noob question about changing micro sd card

Is a class 10 16 gig micro sd card compatible with the Evo? Best Buy has this card for $ 50, is this a good deal or should I save a little and get a class 4 card? I read somewhere that the ideal speed card would be a class 6?

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davisondan View Post
    Is a class 10 16 gig micro sd card compatible with the Evo? Best Buy has this card for $ 50, is this a good deal or should I save a little and get a class 4 card? I read somewhere that the ideal speed card would be a class 6?
    I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that the only thing that the card speed will really impact is if you're taking HD video; slower cards will have a more difficult time keeping up (or might not work at all, I don't shoot video with my phone so vv )

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Class 10 cards don't always work well with Android. Android has a rear/write limit. I think you'd be hard pressed to see anything different from a class 4 to even a class 6. Class 4 is probably the best bang for the buck.

PNY is a very well known. But I think many card are actually manufactured by the same companies and re-branded. You'll notice good and vary bad reviews on same spec cards from different manufactures. There has been a long standing thread discussion micro SD cards, quality etc.

Im a noob too,,just got my INFUSE at costco and how do I transfer files from the original sd to my new 16g sdcard? should i removed the sd card from my phone then copy and paste the files to my pc,,then copy it to the new sd card?

ROM
    Stock for now

Just transfer what is on your old card to your pc and then move them to your new one. Also doing this you will have a backup of what is on your card just in case your new card acts up.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeCrawler View Post
    Just transfer what is on your old card to your pc and then move them to your new one. Also doing this you will have a backup of what is on your card just in case your new card acts up.
    Thanks SmokeCrawler,,appreciate it