Facebook Home - will you be using it?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys think when facebook announced it would work with the One X we were included (HTC EVO LTE owners...)?

Also, is anyone going to use it? I watched the liveblog and it looks like I'm going to try it, just to see what it's all about. It might be a pretty cool thing.

Last edited:

InnerGeek

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I am not really interested in further Facebook integration into my phone. However, I like the look of the Chatheads feature and wouldn't mind checking that out. Also surprised that the Nexus was not a launch device.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by asking if "we were included"?

Sorry, I'll edit the original post - I originally posted it in the HTC EVO 4G LTE thread and was wondering if the EVO LTE was going to follow the trend with this and be considered an HTC One X even though it is now through the play store and not HTC itself.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to check it out on my SGS3, just to try it out for myself. I'm not sure how long it will stay installed though.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure there will be a market for it, but I'm not part of it. I'm a fan of the stock launcher on my Nexus 4, and I don't really care for replacement launchers, much less a Facebook one. I use Facebook, but I don't live on it. I don't really want to. There is also the question of how much battery it will drain if it is constantly updating my Facebook feed.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I'm disappointed. Their current app is terrible, no holo ui, no contact syncing, and no tablet mode, and I would of been happy as **** if they just integrated facebook better into android. Now it seems instead of a new app they are offering a product that takes over your phone or tablet. I just watched a video of it in action and I was unimpressed.

It's not facebook integration by any means, it's just a launcher, and a pretty terrible one at that! I think I'm going to actively seek out a better third party app now. Anyone know of any good ones besides friendcaster? Friendcaster is ok but could be better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ace4

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I'm disappointed. Their current app is terrible, no holo ui, no contact syncing, and no tablet mode, and I would of been happy as **** if they just integrated facebook better into android. Now it seems instead of a new app they are offering a product that takes over your phone or tablet. I just watched a video of it in action and I was unimpressed.

It's not facebook integration by any means, it's just a launcher, and a pretty terrible one at that!
Agreed, I don't want facebook taking over my homescreens & launcher, I just want a good quality fb app.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I am not going to be using it myself. Happy with the facebook app, it does what I need it to do. Iam not a crazy Facebook user to begin with and think it's a crazy gimmick that will not last long. For Facebook junkies I can see it being useful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I'll edit the original post - I originally posted it in the HTC EVO 4G LTE thread and was wondering if the EVO LTE was going to follow the trend with this and be considered an HTC One X even though it is now through the play store and not HTC itself.

I'm sure that they will be posted and you can sideload them, or wait for Facebook to make it available to more devices. I have a RAZR MAXX and will be at least trying it so I'm hoping for the option to sideload as well.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I regret watching the live blog of the whole thing. Really I'm not opposed to the launcher idea, it's unique and some people will eat it up, but it's not for everyone. The current android app is a half assed port of the ios app and desperately needs overhauled. **** it even looks like an ios app, and it's annoying on my Nexus 7 with everything looking like a stretched out phone app, and it's ridiculous I have to use a third party app to sync my contact photos. I'm not opposed to the idea, but they still need a solid stand alone app for everyone else.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll give it a shot when they get around to opening it up to my Vivid. But between the FB app and Flipboard, I think I'm covered with FB. Curious to try it though. Hopefully this doesn't mean they pay zero attention to the standalone app though, it still needs work.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I thought I read HTC One X+, not HTC One X. Doesn't the One X+ come with 2GB RAM?

EDIT: Sorry, One X+ only has 1GB RAM.

Last edited:

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I need to see more about it, but I'll probably give it a whirl after I get my One; my Blinkfeed was likely going to be somewhat FB centric anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I see no mentions of the Droid DNA or EVO 4G LTE, aren't they part of the one family as well? I may try it out if it ever gets compatible for the DNA but I like the Sense very much, I can always use the app.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't quite get why the nexus 4, you know the flagship android device, isn't getting it at launch. Especially since with no custom ui to get in the way, the nexus 4 would probably perform the best with it.

No I still haven't changed my opinion but just saying.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll try the Launcher but definitely won't keep it as my primary over Nova & not at all interested in HTC's "first".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2