Facebook app problems

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having any issues with this app? My wife and i are both having this... the photos on timeline will not load and same with the person's profile image. i have removed app, cleared cache, shut down phone and numorus other things. This is happening on wifi and 4g

judymaine

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Having same problem on my galaxy 2 tablet. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling
Facebook three times today. Still can't see pictures,on newsfeed or on my wall. Ideas
Are welcome!

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Glad I am not the only one. My wife is having the same issue. I have the RAZR MAXX HD and she has the RAZR HD. Started early yesterday afternoon.

Posted via Android Central App

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Looks like mine is back up and running normal again. Not sure what that was all about.

Posted via Android Central App

Mendota Kid

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
On Saturday afternoon my 2 month old Galaxy S3 stopped downloading any pictures on Facebook newsfeed, notifications, etc...UNLESS I am connected to WIFI then they load perfectly...I uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook 4 times in the past 2 days...did a battery pull and finally went to the local Verizon store...people with LG, Droid and iphones had no problems...manager had a Samsung Galaxy Note and hers was doing the same grayed out areas where the pictures should be...she also had the problem begin Saturday afternoon...she said there should be an update notification or it will just start working again in a few days...she said not a Verizon issue but Facebook...anyone else have similar problems? if so, any fixes? Called Verizon tech support last night and they have no answers except that it is probably a Facebook problem and they would check into it...

jasonwltan

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
hi there,
i just came onboard Andriod and so far noticed a few issues and to make it tougher, I am a dummy in operation systems.Anyway, one of them, since I have searched all over the web and finally managed to find this topic to be 'Facebook app issues', is when I view pictures in groups and then press the back button on my S4, it takes me back to my news feed. Shouldn't I get sent back to the group feed? It is quite annoying to have to look for the group again and go back in, especially when i have scrolled all the way down in that group and it refreshes all over again when i re-enter it.
Is there a setting problem? Would someone PLEASE save me?

Thanks
Jason

hack fool

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Folks, I was facing the problem also. My Facebook apps photos was not loading. Did u try your you tube.. Mine was not loading at all. At first I thought it was my mobile or app.
But the main problem is your network. Did you try to connect with 3G. I think u will find everything OK.
But with wifi, your apps simply do not work. Because it's yous connection problem. Somehow your ISP altered your DNS sever. So just call them, and tell them that you can't stream anything. Only they can fix this

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Because it's yous connection problem. Somehow your ISP altered your DNS sever. So just call them, and tell them that you can't stream anything. Only they can fix this
Not always. Linksys EA4500 router. The Facebook app works just fine on the guest account, but I won't live long enough for it to download pictures or videos (or even new posts) on the normal account. Stock out-of-the-box setup, with the phone as #1 in the QoS list. (The new Linksys - the company owned by Cisco - isn't interested in fixing the problem.)

The Facebook app works on a weak signal from AT&T or TMobile public wifi hotspots, the Facebook page on the web works through the router on the normal login, so I can't think of anywhere else to look. I assume it's something in the router. (My old WRT54G - banged up, water damaged, mold growing on the motherboard [that was cleaned up] - works with no problem running the Facebook app on the phone.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to suspect the Note 3 4.4.2 modem is at fault - like messed up packets on a WPA2 connection. I'll be flashing older ones to see if that fixes the problem. If you read about a programmer being slowly roasted over warm coals, that'll be me turning the spit.

maxoptical

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I just installed my new Linsys wrt900AC, same Facebook issue on two LG G2, a Samsung Galaxy tablet and and I Phone. If I connect to my old Linksys 3000 the pics load instantly. Switch back to new router and they will not load. 3 hours on the phone with tech support and still not resolved, they supposedly turned it over to Engineering but they keep insisting they have never heard of this problem. Ugh...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And I've heard that D-Link has the same issue. (I went through all the 4.3 modems for my phone - even though Facebook worked fine until this past summer - on the latest modem - none of them made it work now ... so I suspect it's not the modem.)

Belkin? Netgear? A *nix box with router software, an Ethernet port and a wifi card?

If Linksys ever gives you a solution, PLEASE post it here. (I've noticed no change in Speedtest with the guest and normal connections, but downloads are faster on the guest connection, so something's going on.)

Oh, btw Time Warner here, if that gives us any commonality. Who knows where the problem is? But the same as you - my WRT54GS (I had to wash mold and moss off the board with alcohol) still works fine.

updatedapps

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Try installing Facebook APK manually following this steps:

on your phone go to settings > security and check the unknown source check box
Download the latest (to the date of this answer) facebook apk from here
after the download is finished click on the apk in the list of Downloaded items or go to /sd card/downloads with a file manager app like es file explorer and open the apk file.
the installation screen should appear showing the permissions asked by the app click on install at the bottom of the screen.
wait for the installation to finish then click on open to open facebook app. (now you have the latest facebook app let's fix the play store issue)
Now go to Settings > Applications > all, search the play store app and click on it.
The info about the play store appear, wait until the delete data button is click-able then click on it and confirm.
Now go back to your hame screen and launch the play store and wait for it to load you account then go to my applications tab you should see the facebook app there (if it's not try rebooting your phone).
You are all set facebook is to latest version and will be updated normally from play store.