Is there a good alternative to the Facebook app, to keep feed and messages integrated?

kwhopson

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I've read about Friendcaster, Fast for Facebook and some others but haven't tried any. FB Messenger may be a fine app, I don't know, but I'm not too keen on FB telling me I must install a second app when I only send messages on FB when I am already using FB. Otherwise, the stock Android messaging app meets all my needs (I even tried Google Hangouts but didn't like it as much as the stock app). Any input is appreciated! - kwhopson

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Why not give those apps a try? :)
For now, I can still use the messaging app without having to download FB Messenger.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

kwhopson

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, me too, but I keep getting notices that it will go away soon. Just thought I'd check and see if anyone on the forums had better suggestions.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, me too, but I keep getting notices that it will go away soon. Just thought I'd check and see if anyone on the forums had better suggestions.

Oh, OK. I thought it was gone for you.
Those are pretty popular apps, and probably the best option. I'd hope they wouldn't separate the messaging part of those apps too.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

dylangrey

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
sorry, no idea. but whats so wrong about the facebook and the messenger app? who actually cares if you have to install a second app? they are closely linked and can developed independently.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Access FB from a browser. Make a shortcut on your home screen and forget the app. You and your battery are going to be happier 😀

Moto G from ACF

sanazii78

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
but the browser is not that easy to use on the mobile.. too small and you have to constantly watch where you hit.. i find browser use quite hard on mobile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs