Friendcaster Messenger Notifications don't work??
I was trying to find a good alternative to FB and Messenger for my Tablet and found Friendcaster. I really like it so far.
I went into the settings and turned on notifications for Inbox Messages and set a custom alert sound, but it doesn't work. I never hear that sound. But when I check I do see the message. I was testing with my niece yesterday, and she sent me 4 messages. I saw saw them all on my phone in Friendcaster but never heard the alert sound! And there was NO notification in the status bar. After the first two I uninstalled FB Messenger and also the Facebook App, and rebooted my phone. But the next two messages that she sent still did not make and sound and no notification!
On my phone I have these settings for the Notification Options:
Notifications = Checked
Notification Types = Inbox Messages (Alerts for Inbox Messages) is Checked
Refresh Types = I have tried Push GCM and Periodic Polling
Notification Popup = Checked
Mark Read = checked
Backlight on = unchecked
Bypass Lockscreen = checked
Vibrate = checked
LED Light = checked
Notification Sound = Whistle
- 08-19-2014, 02:31 AM #2
Re: Friendcaster Messenger Notifications don't work??
Last night the notification sound did finally go off about 15-20 minutes after I sent myself a message. So it is probably just slow.
What is the fastest method for messages? I have it set to Push GMC. That is supposed to check every 5mins, then send it to you.
What about Gmail or K-9 methods?
- 08-19-2014, 10:43 AM #4
- 08-19-2014, 12:25 PM #6
- By James Cooper 1 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 08-21-2014, 08:20 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-20-2014, 01:28 PM
- By eitherrideordie in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-19-2014, 11:20 AM
- By Asmello44 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-19-2014, 08:06 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM