Facebook slow over WiFi on Galaxy S6

ThePiePieper

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
A bit of back story. The fiance and I both bought Galaxy S6's. Works great except one thing. My Facebook app takes forever to load over WiFi. Her seems to work fine though. My WiFi is plenty fast enough and I've tried uninstalling/re-installing the app. Even went as far as factory resetting my phone.
I'm sure their is some switch or setting i clicked that she didn't.
Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Wi-Fi, tap Menu>Advanced. Are any of the options turned on? Try turning off Smart Network Switch, if present. Also turn off an "Wi-fi Optimization" option, since that's more for battery saving rather than improving reception.

ThePiePieper

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the support. I'm going to try and reset the phone...again and then reset my router/modem (Netgear AC1750 Model 6300). Maybe i'll luck out and it'll just work itself out.

decomush

May 5, 2015
Visit site
This problem was driving me crazy for the last 5 days.
This solved my problems:
"Based on what you've said there's a good chance your issue is related to the bugged Android System Webview update. Could you look under App Manager > All and see if you're running version 37 or 42?
If it's 42 try rolling back to v37 by uninstalling it from either the app manager or play store. The newest version has been giving a lot of people issues."

ThePiePieper

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
One thing i did discover is that the phone works great without the SIM card. After pulling it out, all aps work great overwifi. Not sure if that helps or not.

Bruce Rechichar

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Did you resolve this? I just started having this problem as well. Just rolled back to Android System WebView v37 and I still have the same issue. Speed Test on wifi shows I have over 22Mbps down and 1.8Mbps up. FB app photos and videos barely load or don't load at all if I turn off wifi everything in the fb app works and works faster :(

ThePiePieper

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope, never was able to fix this. Wasn't until after I bought a Motorola Surfboard and Net gear Nighthawk did the problem go away. Guess it was my setup afterall.

15Elbows

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Had this problem when my wife bought a Galaxy S5. Facebook, instagram and pinterest pictures would take forever to load. It got to the point she went back and swapped it for an iphone 5s and it worked fine. Then we got a galaxy tab and the same thing happened. I was determined to figure it out this time....
Turns out after trying a bunch of settings, turning off IPv6 on my router solved the problem. Voila! Hopefully this can help some of you guys out....dont know why the samsung devices cant handle it...

dbla

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Had this problem when my wife bought a Galaxy S5. Facebook, instagram and pinterest pictures would take forever to load. It got to the point she went back and swapped it for an iphone 5s and it worked fine. Then we got a galaxy tab and the same thing happened. I was determined to figure it out this time....
Turns out after trying a bunch of settings, turning off IPv6 on my router solved the problem. Voila! Hopefully this can help some of you guys out....dont know why the samsung devices cant handle it...
Thanks for the suggestion to roll-back the WebView app. It corrected the issues that I was having (for now at least) and my browsing experience and apps are working much better when connected to WiFi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith