Embedded YouTube videos don't play

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
On my S6, when I click a link I'm the fb app that gores to an article with a YouTube video embedded, the video never plays. It acts like it's buffering, but nothing else happens. I can make the same embedded YouTube videos play if I open up Chrome or Firefox and go to the page that way. Any suggestions? On my old DNA which had Kit Kat and not Lollipop I didn't have this problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
On my S6, when I click a link I'm the fb app that gores to an article with a YouTube video embedded, the video never plays. It acts like it's buffering, but nothing else happens. I can make the same embedded YouTube videos play if I open up Chrome or Firefox and go to the page that way. Any suggestions? On my old DNA which had Kit Kat and not Lollipop I didn't have this problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Welcome to Android Central!

Is this happening over wifi or cellular data?

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
That is odd, maybe the link from Facebook is not translating correctly to the browser. What browser is it opening in on your phone?

I'm not sure what browser it's actually opening, it doesn't appear to open a normal Chrome or Firefox window, but once I'm there I have the option to "open in browser" and it will let me use whatever I have set as default or now that I've cleared my defaults I can choose to reopen the window in a normal window from either one. Nonetheless, I just checked it again this morning on wifi and LTE and it randomly started working fine again after not working the last week and a half to 2 weeks. Otherwise I was going to start with clearing app data and cache, reinstalling, and if that didn't work maybe clearing partition cache? Thanks anyways!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz