Original Jawbone and Gingerbread on Fascinate

nobodysfool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
When Verizon updated my Fascinate to Gengerbread, it was launched automatically without asking me (I was in the middle of a call), and it bricked the phone. I followed the instructions to run ODIN and then load the full Gingerbread load, as found in the forums here. It worked, but now, I'm having a terrible time keeping my original Jawbone connected via bluetooth. sometimes it will connect without a problem, Other times I have to fiddle around with it to get it to connect, and even then,it won't always stay connected. After the upgrade, I had a tough time getting it paired at first. I really would like a solution, as I really need to have hands-free talking. The jawbone worked fine with the previous version.

Help!

guffster

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't appear to be having any problems (that I didn't already have) with 2 different Jawbone Icons on 2 different Fascinates with the latest Gingerbread update. Both pair and connect just fine. I have updated both Jawbones on the web in the past - you might try this also for your original Jawbone if available.

nobodysfool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I checked, and the original Jawbone has no upgrade capabilities. I've tried the newer ones, and they just won't stay in my ear, even with the earloops. I have a Plantronics headset that seems to work OK, but I don't like it as well. I think it's just something in the original Jawbone itself that doesn't like to play nice with Gingerbread. I really like the original Jawbone, and I have about 3 or 4 of them. They're super cheap on Ebay. :cool:

nobodysfool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible that i have a Gingerbread load that got slightly corrupted somehow? Seeing that Verizon bricked my phone when they pushed GB to it, I'm wondering if there may be a lingering issue from that. I did completely wipe the phone when I used ODIN and loaded the GB build found here in the forums. Should I just bite the bullet and re-do it? Is there any way to save my text messages? I don't want to lose them all again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12