Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default To anyone who bought accessories

To anyone who bought accessories--- Please give us reviews to the accessories you purchased. I purchased a window mount and i will let you know how it does. I almost bought the desktop charger.
    Droid Bionic
    Dont drink the I-Kool-Aid!
    Stop the handset locking I bought it and I will use it as I please.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I already had the desktop charger and the battery only charger & battery combo pack (you'll really want this). Both are high quality and are well designed. The Desktop charger has a plug in for headphones as well. The phone sticks off the side slightly, so you can hear the speaker.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

About to get this phone and thanks for providing a forum with such great information.

Is the desktop charger wired or wireless?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Silicone cover

Very nice, looks good, feels good, fits good and is not to bulky. This is a nice cover. I would buy this agian. I bought this for my son and as a young adult they are a little hard on things i expect this cover to last a while. It does look to provide good protection.

Anti-Glare screens

I ordered anti-scratch screen covers and this is what they sent. I dont like the fact they dont cover the whole face of the phone. They only cover the screen area. --Lame. Would not purchase agian. They were easy to apply and do take the glare off.
    Droid Bionic
    Dont drink the I-Kool-Aid!
    Stop the handset locking I bought it and I will use it as I please.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Purchased the holster only clip from VZW because I constantly dock my phone at work, or home and didn't want to bother again with taking cases off like i had to do on my droid. So far liking it, but only used it for a few hours.

Also got the dock, which I like alot The numbers are big enough i can keep the phone across the room so i don't hit the snooze in the morning and once you customize the weather through Accuweather it is a pretty good shot.

Probally not going to get the Vehicle mount because it would put the phone into car mode which I have not found yet how to change that to Gmaps off of VZNav or Bing. If someome has that figured out message me and i might review that as well.

Steve

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

I bought the Dual Cover with it. Its a great case, IMO the best one VZW offers for it.

The back is hard semi-transparent plastic and the sides are a flexible semi-transparent blue. Great case, goes in and out of your pocket without getting stuck like a rubber/silicone case would. Great protection and fits it like a glove.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

X2 on the Desktop Dock.. Very nicely made.

I bought the Shell/Holster combo right from the VZW store. It was $29.99 and comes with a 1 year warranty against breakage and defects.

I really like this one. It covers the back of the phone and keeps it from getting scratched up and marked. It also protects the screen in such a way that if you happen to put your phone down screen first, it keeps the screen off the table so as not to get scratched. Also does the same for the camera.

It also adds some grip to the phone while holding it for use with the textured back. It feels great holding it as well. If you go to a local VZW store they will remove the packaging and let you check it out.
    I think it looks great too!
    I definetly recommend this holster combo for extra protection, grip and to add a bit of a different look to your device!

I think I'm going to end up with some type of "skin it" on the battery cover, and a holster that holds the phone face in. That way the battery cover doesn't get scratched up in my purse but the face is also protected.
    Banned

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

I bought the soft touch plastic case with kickstand from verizon. Pretty nice and has a nice texture.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

I bought the leather case that has the magnetic flap on it. Worst case ever used. The holster clip has spread and won't stay on belt or pants. Have to keep shoving it back tight. Will take back to store this week. Ordered a cheap one of Ebay with belt loops to run a belt through it. Odd thing is, I had my same case with my Blackberry for 2 years and the belt clip has always stayed tight, even through my motorcycle wreck last October and I did several cartwheels and tumbled. Phone stayed in case and case stayed clipped to my belt....

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts

I bought the Dual Cover, like already mentioned, it is an excellent cover.

I swapped the Droid X for the Fascinate. I have a leather pouch case I bought for the Droid X from Pdair. The fascinate fits perfectly. So if anyone is after a vertical pouch case the Pdair Droid X vertical pouch fits just fine. I'm expecting another vertical leather pouch from Sena, for the Droid X, and I expect it will fit too.

I returned the desktop charger. It worked, although the end hanging off was odd to me. I don't use Touchwiz, I prefer Launcher pro and the desktop app only launches by default on the desktop charger if you use Touchwiz launcher. Plugging-in the wall charger is just fine.

ROM
    CM10 Euroskank

You root yet?
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theoneuafter View Post

I bought the Shell/Holster combo right from the VZW store. It was $29.99 and comes with a 1 year warranty against breakage and defects.

I really like this one. It covers the back of the phone and keeps it from getting scratched up and marked. It also protects the screen in such a way that if you happen to put your phone down screen first, it keeps the screen off the table so as not to get scratched. Also does the same for the camera.

It also adds some grip to the phone while holding it for use with the textured back. It feels great holding it as well. If you go to a local VZW store they will remove the packaging and let you check it out.
    I definetly recommend this holster combo for extra protection, grip and to add a bit of a different look to your device!
    I was sooo disappointed last night. The Verizon store closes at 8pm, and I get there a few minutes before 8pm, according to my Fascinate clock lol. Anyways, the doors are locked, everyone is still inside, and there are still customers being assisted. I wanted to buy this case, really badly. They refused to let me in. I stood there for twenty minutes watching other people finish buying their products, and then leave. I left feeling angry, and extremely frustrated. It almost made me want to cancel my service. It makes it worse when the store is actually 45 minutes away from where I live, and it's the closest Verizon store around me.

/rant sorry.

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Bought the same case above ^^^^^^ off of ebay came in the VZN packaging $19.99 shipped - Very happy with it
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theoneuafter View Post

I too bought this from the Verizon store. I got a 50% discount on it. Total came out to be $18. I definitely like this case. It's easy to use, and seems to offer decent protection from basic issues. Now time to hunt a good screen protector down.