Leather Carrying Case + Silicon skin = Awesomeness

Bellztoll

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep,
Awesomeness; I have always been a fan of being able to keep my phone on the outside of my pants, usually on a belt or something. It makes for easier access. But I am also picky about getting my battery cover scratched, etc.
So, when i went into the VZW store to try and solve my quandry; i came out with the perfect solution.
The stock leather carrying case is a tight fit, even for a naked phone. There isnt much wiggle room, and its interesting to get it out when you get a call. So, add in a silicon or hard case, and its a no-go. But after experimenting a little bit, i did find that you can put a hard/silicon case on your Fascinate, and by getting a Droid X Case, it fits like, excuse the pun, "a glove" Its a little tight the first few days, but after breaking it in, i love it.
Dont know if anyone else has been looking for that solution, but i doubt i am the only one.
Have fun

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

The Sprint Galaxy S Epic case is just enough larger that it fits the Fascinate with the a cover also. Only comes in black though. Has a little silver on the front and looks nice.

I'm still looking for brown or green. Does the Droid X case come in different colors? Is it a really soft leather?

MsGadget13

KenI

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

The Sprint Galaxy S Epic case is just enough larger that it fits the Fascinate with the a cover also. Only comes in black though. Has a little silver on the front and looks nice.

I'm still looking for brown or green. Does the Droid X case come in different colors? Is it a really soft leather?

MsGadget13

This is what I use also. Nice fit.

Bellztoll

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, been out of town. The only color that i saw for the Xcase was a nice brown color, with small silver highlights on the clip itself. not sure about the green. I wouldnt say its the softest in the world, but it is defnitley not bad at all, and it looks nice. No motorola logos or anything, just a small verizon one on the cover.

cz9h3d

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

MsGadget13

Would this case be large enough for one of the Verizon hard gloss silicone cases?

zarguy

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I see horizontal holster type cases that say they're for the Galaxy S Epic & Fascinate. I also want one that'll accommodate a Fascinate in a skin. Is the Epic larger than the Fascinate? If so, how much larger?
OK, I found the answer -
Epic - 4.90 x 2.54 x 0.56 (124 x 65 x 14 mm)
Fascinate - 4.92 x 2.53 x 0.39 (125 x 64 x 10 mm)

Last edited: