1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Fascinate Battery

Anyone have any better luck with a non-stock battery for the Fascinate than the stock battery? Not looking for an extended life that requires a new cover plate but something the same size as stock. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

ROM
    CleanRom 2.0 w/LK 06

I bought a battery for mine on Ebay but it's not OEM/Stock and it will not charge from within the phone, it has to be removed and placed in it's own charger - keep that in mind if you buy a non-Samsung battery.
    Thanked by:

Does anyone know about the Mugen batteries?

Corey

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

just ordered this. will let you know how it goes. 9 bucks after shipping. how could i not.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermike53 View Post

just ordered this. will let you know how it goes. 9 bucks after shipping. how could i not.
    I want to push "Buy It Now", but my brain is telling me something's wrong with this picture. How could it be this cheap? I don't think you could even manufacture two batteries for that price.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by bluevolume View Post
    I want to push "Buy It Now", but my brain is telling me something's wrong with this picture. How could it be this cheap? I don't think you could even manufacture two batteries for that price.
    lol. i know what you mean. i ordered two batteries and a charger for my canon rebel xsi from them for $15. they work great.

lol. i know what you mean. i ordered two batteries and a charger for my canon rebel xsi from them for $15. they work great.
    Hey Mikey, did you ever that that battery? How does it work? Will your Fascinate charge it or do you need to use the charger?

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    SupaClean 2.9.2

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

I would love to hear from anyone that purchased these batteries too... I know it's only a $9 gamble, but still...

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter13 View Post
    I would love to hear from anyone that purchased these batteries too... I know it's only a $9 gamble, but still...
    i bought a 2200 and they come complete with a new back cover to accomidate the larger battery.. so far i am well satisfied .. runs longer and the thiness of the fassy is no issue to me.. i keep the original battery charged to 100%.. the way i see it is all of us are always close to some sort of charger.. ie: wall sockets, or car etc etc,, its no problem to always keep the battery charged...
    yea the sammy eats some battery power but if we are keeping the display lit what can we expect..
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Mike,

let us know what happens with them. I was on my way to buy it last night when the wife "forgot" the password rather conveniently

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Mike,

let us know what happens with them. I was on my way to buy it last night when the wife "forgot" the password rather conveniently
    I pulled the trigger on this last week. They come marked as i9000 bats and when you power your SF up it warns you its not supported, but you click ok and they work fine.

They take a while to charge and they arent any better (or worse as far as I can tell) than the stock battery, but they work fine as a backup. I just keep them in my backpack, pop it in when my stock bat gets low, then switch the stock back in when im near a charger.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I did end up finally pulling the trigger as well, but havent gotten them yet. I saw they were marked as the i9000 in the ebay ad.

I have another one my son got as a replacement from Best Buy, that one is totally generic. It seems to charged faster than the stock ones, but is no better or worse as far as longevity

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm kind of nervous when it comes to cheap knockoff batteries...I would say to stick with stock but it's up to you

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

I bought those on ebay for $9, they work beautifully. They hold about the same charge as the stock ones and last just as long. Perfect spare batteries! And for $9 including shipping, you can't beat it.
    If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Got the 9$ eBay batteries this morning and both charged up pretty quick. Like everyone else, so far I am not seeing anything bad or good with the battery life, they are just normal batteries.

I have these 2, a generic replacement from BB and the stock battery. All are the same.

There is a small downside, there is a light on the front of the charger that is handy (turns from red to blue when the battery is charged) but it is bright as hell. It could seriously be used as a nightlight. no big deal really, just put it out of the way.

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Got the 9$ eBay batteries this morning and both charged up pretty quick. Like everyone else, so far I am not seeing anything bad or good with the battery life, they are just normal batteries.

I have these 2, a generic replacement from BB and the stock battery. All are the same.

There is a small downside, there is a light on the front of the charger that is handy (turns from red to blue when the battery is charged) but it is bright as hell. It could seriously be used as a nightlight. no big deal really, just put it out of the way.
    oh yeah, another downside is that you can't use the usb port at the bottom to charge your phone and have a battery charging at the same time, it's one or the other... kinda fail implementation, but hey... $9 for 2 batteries that work well and a charger, can't really complain. And yeah, that light is bright as day
    If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I hadnt even tried that...that sucks. What about if the one on board is finished charging, will it switch to the USB then?

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

nope lol can't have a battery in at all as far as I can tell
    -- Hunter S. Thompson
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by wyllic View Post
    nope lol can't have a battery in at all as far as I can tell
    Oh well like you said, $9 for two batteries, no biggie.

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Oh well like you said, $9 for two batteries, no biggie.
    Lol I know right, I have one in my car all the time just in case

Sent from my KB Fassy via Tapatalk
    -- Hunter S. Thompson
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by wyllic View Post
    Lol I know right, I have one in my car all the time just in case

Sent from my KB Fassy via Tapatalk
    I am planning one in the office, one in my backpack and a spare at home...lol. I already have the spare cord in the office.

My wife thinks sometimes that with all these batteries and cords that I am hiking cross country instead of just to work and back. She doesnt comprehend how much I use my phone every day.

I bought these batteries a few weeks ago. They won't charge in the phone, but come with the charger. They don't last nearly as long as the stock one but for backups, they are great.

Sent from my Samsung Mesmerize via Tapatalk
    -DC
    Motorola Droid MAXX 4.4
    Yes, Farmville is a real town, not just a game on Facebook....
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by DCooper323 View Post
    I bought these batteries a few weeks ago. They won't charge in the phone, but come with the charger. They don't last nearly as long as the stock one but for backups, they are great.

Sent from my Samsung Mesmerize via Tapatalk
    dont know how it is for the Mesmerize, but you need a kernel with the non-oem battery patch for it to charge in the phone. Most of the custom Fascinate kernels have it built it.

I am seeing the same battery life out of these as stock.