Improved Battery for Fascinate?

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So I've been thinking of buying an improved battery for my phone as I'm going to take the dive into Napster soon and ditch my ipod altogether. I was looking at the SCH-i500 Fascinate XT 2200mAh Lithium Ion Battery, but also saw the Seidio BACY30SSFAS-BK Innocell Extended Battery. The only downside to the Seidio is that it makes the phone a behemoth, and I love the fascinate's small size. Any advice would be great, as reviews on both of those batteries are scarce. Thanks again!

joshcore

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
before buying an extended battery, have you considered downloading a battery extending app such as juicedefender first? last thing i'd want my fascinate to look like is a 3rd generation ipod

cosmo36

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the Seidio 3500 mah battery, and it works great. Yes, it makes the phone much thicker, but I don't really care as I keep mine in a holster clip, not my pocket.

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I looked over the guide to reducing battery usage, and I already do almost all of those things, however, it does mention that using Task Manager (or any similar app) to kill tasks all the time, can actually kill the battery more than them sitting idle, which I did not know. I usually kill an app as soon as I'm done with it, which I will stop doing for today and see what kind of results that yields. That extra battery and charger looks like a great option (and not too expensive). If I were to charge a spare battery and just keep it in my backpack while on campus all day, would it hold a charge fairly well? Thanks for all of the feedback!

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
The Fascinate comes with the Task Manager. That's all I ever use, and I don't use it too much. I'm surprised with you rooting your phone that the battery life is still bad. You must use your phone a lot more than I do!

polobuds

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend getting a free app on the market called advanced task killer. Works similar to task manager. It's what i use and anytime i put my phone on sleep, I always use it to kill whatever i dont need running.

Also noticed that battery life improved 10x after switching from DL09 to EB01 with superclean 2.8 and Super Dark v3 theme. People have said that different roms/kernels will affect battery life differently. Just gotta find a combo that gives you better battery life.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend getting a free app on the market called advanced task killer. Works similar to task manager. It's what i use and anytime i put my phone on sleep, I always use it to kill whatever i dont need running.

Also noticed that battery life improved 10x after switching from DL09 to EB01 with superclean 2.8 and Super Dark v3 theme. People have said that different roms/kernels will affect battery life differently. Just gotta find a combo that gives you better battery life.

i bought the larger battery and am well satisified .. i updated last night to SC 2.9 and had my reader reading to me and i fell asleep and 7 hrs later it was still reading just as loud and as clear as before and when i check battery status it showed 81%.. so 7 hrs of reading and showing an 81% battery charge made me feel good ..also i went 17 hours with no charge or anykind when on 2.6 and still could run my phone .. i hooked the charger on but no telling how much longer i could have went ..

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
TASK KILLERS ARE BAD!!!! dont use them, they are stupid. all that crap running in the back ground is just gonna start back up on its own any way. android os is designed to FREEZE apps in memory, they arent running. the fascinate has a task manager if you need to end a task that is dorking up.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
TASK KILLERS ARE BAD!!!! dont use them, they are stupid. all that crap running in the back ground is just gonna start back up on its own any way. android os is designed to FREEZE apps in memory, they arent running. the fascinate has a task manager if you need to end a task that is dorking up.

+1 to the billionth-gajillionth-floptillionth

i know its hard to believe, but this guy actually knows what he's talking about...well, in this case anyway. ;)