1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Zagg invisible shield

I've had a Zagg invisishield on my phone since day one, and have never experienced the screen without one. I've heard that the fascinates acre screen is absolutely amazing and feels great. So I'm wondering, would it be worthwhile to just take my shield off, as it makes the screen rather tacky and looks dirty half the time. I have black tie protection on my phone so scratches are covered. Is it easy to scratch a glass screen and is the screen worth the risk? Any input would be great!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I had a zagg shield on mine for a while, and the screen protection is only necessary if you are hard on your phone (i.e. if you purse it, backpack it, throw it on the ground, etc.) It does tack up the screen a bit, making swype harder than it is without it. I have been without it for about 3 months now and the screen still has it's flawless shine. The only thing I liked about the invisishield was the back cover, since it gave the phone enough grip to be able to use it without worrying about dropping it (i have dry, typically clean hands so the phone is like a wet bar of soap.)

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

check out the accessories section of the forum. you might get more info there.

ROM
    CM10

I've had my Fascinate since October without a screen protector and the screen is still perfect. I think I read somewhere (not positive, might be making this up or might be a different device) that the Fascinate's screen is made with a different material or made differently that is supposed to make it stronger and not get scratches as easily.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

I generally don't like them for touch screens but someone dropped a watch onto one of ours (not a huge or heavy watch, by accident, from a relatively short distance above the phone) and it cracked the screen...so everyone in the family now has Zaggs installed on their Fascinates.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the replies! I'm thinking that since I have black tie on my phone anyways I may just ditch the shield. It sounds as if it would be a much smoother experience without it, and seeing as I keep it in my front pocket with nothing else (gum, pen, keys, etc, all take last priority! ) I don't see it getting damaged!

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

I had Zagg on my BB Storm and I really liked it. Now I have Ghost Armor and you cannot even tell it is there. It is not as thick or tacky as Zagg and provides the same protection.
    עם ישראל חי
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

i was just watching a video about the screen on the Fascinate (I got to it from the home page) and that it is made from Gorilla Glass. They did all kinds of crazy stuff to the phone screen and it came out without a scratch.

I have a screen protector on mine, but hate it. I am really debating if it is time to take it off. Any more thoughts on this?

If anyone cares, i found the link:
    Last edited by piizzadude; 04-13-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

I've been running the screen naked since October with zero problems. I don't intentionally abuse my phone, but it does see some rough use from time to time. I would say the worst thing it has experienced was a drop from a 14ft ladder onto a tile floor. Didn't even blink an eye at it. I do use the glossy silicon protector from vz which gives it enough traction and just enough of a lip on the front to prevent the screen from making contact on a flat surface. Bottom line, I would not want to interfere with the screen as it is. Especially when you factor in a protection plan that will just get you a complete replacement.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

I posted this elsewhere, so just the short version here. One of my sons had a friend accidentally drop a fairly lightweight metal-cased/fabric-strap watch on his face-up Fascinate from about a foot above the phone. The Gorilla Glass suffered a small crack that turned into a full-screen spiderweb over the next week. He had the VZW screen "protector" on it. IMO & IME Gorilla Glass is anything but bulletproof. I replaced the screen and installed a Zagg.

I've had a zagg on the phone since day 1 and I wouldn't ever want to be without it. I've been using zagg since my blackberry days, always been impressed. For me, this is a must-have accessory.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    SupaClean 2.9.2

Quote Originally Posted by idkmybffjill View Post
    I've had a zagg on the phone since day 1 and I wouldn't ever want to be without it. I've been using zagg since my blackberry days, always been impressed. For me, this is a must-have accessory.
    I hate Zagg. Every time I've used them I could not stand the orange peel Texture