Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Default Naked Fascinates?

Just curious, does anyone around here rock their Fascinate with no case? I just got the body glove and I like it a lot, but I was just wondering if anyone went naked and if they had any scratches.

Edit: Decided to take the body glove back. Sticking with the Otterbox Commuter for now.
    Last edited by Bond32; 03-18-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Just curious, does anyone around here rock their Fascinate with no case? I just got the body glove and I like it a lot, but I was just wondering if anyone went naked and if they had any scratches.

Edit: Decided to take the body glove back. Sticking with the Otterbox Commuter for now.
    I did for a while, and I noticed the back of mine had some scuff marks. Nothing to bad but kind of annoyed me. Plus the damn thing is slippery without a case... especially when your hands are greasy or sweaty -_-

Usually I always keep my phone naked because I hate cases. However, my phone fell out of my pocket one day and cracked the corner. I dished out the $50 for an insurance replacement, and now I'm using the kickstand case from Verizon because it's fairly slim.
    To answer the question though.. when it was naked it didn't really get scratched. I always keep my phone in a pocket separate from my keys or anything else. If it wasn't for sitting with my leg up, wearing basketball shorts, and a concrete surface below me, it'd probably still be fine today.. lol

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

I use the Dual Cover on my SF and DX. Silicone ring for those edge drops, smooth plastic for easy in/easy out in the pocket.

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly

I had a silicone case for mine and the back got more scratched than when I had it naked. I went back to phone nudity. Maybe I should rephrase that...

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

mine is also naked. i make sure i keep my keeps in a different pocket than my phone. there are a few small scratches on the back but nothing deep or noticeable. i got my phone about a week after launch so i've had it awhile.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

I have an invisible shield on the screen, and a zagg skin on the back. Doesn't really add much bulk, but still gives protection, and a little bit of grip as well.
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    VGNex:4.1; ATP:Stock

until very recently i've gone naked. one reason i like the FASN8 is because its so thin and i've been hesitant to add any bulk to it via a case. it got a little scuffed and scratched in my pocket but not enough to bother me.

for some reason, i found myself on verizon looking at "vskins" (www.vskins.com) by skinit and now my FASN8 is sporting a Red Wings skin and im actually pretty pleased with it.

the "skin" is a precisely cut 2-piece "sticker", basically, that you overlay on the 2 halves of your phone (front and back).

if you are patient and very careful, its really not difficult to carefully place each piece onto the phone so that it looks and feels nice.

its very thin so it doesnt really add any perceptible bulk and it does make it a bit less slippery.

it did take me a little to get used to the different feel of it, as the overlay doesn't cover the corners so there are edges where your fingers grip the phone that you can feel. but after a few days i'm liking it. the fit is very good so that it looks like it is part of the phone/case - which is how it should look, right?

skinit, the company behind these vskins, states that the sticky stuff on the back of the skin will not leave any residue if you want to peel it off, and that is the reason i felt it was worth a shot; otherwise, i wouldn't have bothered.

they have a ton of options, including sports teams, if you like that kind of stuff.

if i have any problems with it down the road i'll update my post but i would recommend it based on my experience so far.

"One Really Really Deep Thought" by Ytaay...

"Test is test and production is production but production is the only true test."

Mine is nude. No problems. The inside of my jeans pocket isn't exactly a hazardous environment.

I'm not too clumsy either so everything is going good so far.

Always in the buff, never use a screen protector. The screen is Corning Gorilla Glass. It takes alot to scratch it. Back of mine is pretty scratched up, but that is replaceable.

p.s. GO WINGS!

ROM
    EH03 SuperClean3

I often use a basic black silicone case...
    However, I mostly wear skirts with boots, so I tend to have a naked phone tucked in the side of my boot because I never have pockets and I hate purses. (BTW, I'm a girl haha)

My friends all laugh because it totally looks like I've got a knife stuck in my boot...

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by downriver_droid View Post
    Always in the buff, never use a screen protector. The screen is Corning Gorilla Glass. It takes alot to scratch it. Back of mine is pretty scratched up, but that is replaceable.

p.s. GO WINGS!
    Yeah! GOOO WIIIINNNGGGSSSSS!!!

P.S. if you're downriver, watch out for those high-haired women.
    P.S.S. hopefully you're not one. if you are, no offense.

"Test is test and production is production but production is the only true test."

Quote Originally Posted by jampot View Post
    I often use a basic black silicone case...
    However, I mostly wear skirts with boots, so I tend to have a naked phone tucked in the side of my boot because I never have pockets and I hate purses. (BTW, I'm a girl haha)

My friends all laugh because it totally looks like I've got a knife stuck in my boot...
    WIN! I love that idea
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

hey Ytay are the Vskins any good? do they scratch? easy to put on??

ROM
    AOKP Toro build #21

I like most that have replied am naked, thought about a case but I love the thin-ness of the phone my back is a little scratched nothing to really speak on. As long as you are careful you should be fine.

I will say I have seen some dust collecting in the tiny little crack between the glass and the phone. My OCD is kicking in and it is starting to annoy the crap out of me. Not sure if a case will fix or if I should just take some "duster" to it

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    hey Ytay are the Vskins any good? do they scratch? easy to put on??
    after about a week or so now it still looks shiny new.

i was most concerned about the edges peeling up but they haven't moved a bit. whatever the adhesive is, its working very well. of course it remains to be seen if there's any glue stuck to the phone whenever i peel this off but i have no plans on doing that so for right now who cares? i don't think the skin is reusable after that.

the back is easier than the front to put on but its not hard. you just have to be real careful, slow and patient if you want it to be aligned nice and perfect. if you follow their directions it should come out nice with no bubbles or creases.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    SupaClean 2.9.2

Mine likes to be free.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    SupaClean 2.9.2

Quote Originally Posted by mjt1265 View Post
    I like most that have replied am naked, thought about a case but I love the thin-ness of the phone my back is a little scratched nothing to really speak on. As long as you are careful you should be fine.

I will say I have seen some dust collecting in the tiny little crack between the glass and the phone. My OCD is kicking in and it is starting to annoy the crap out of me. Not sure if a case will fix or if I should just take some "duster" to it
    Even if there are scratches on the back, It is really easy to get a replacement back cover

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Naked all the way!

ROM
    Stock EH03 with SC3

Naked with screen and back protector ... only way to be able to mount it to the car dock

this is what i purchasedAmazon.com: XtremeGUARD Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate i500 FULL BODY Screen Protector Front+Back+Sides(Ultra CLEAR)(XtremeGUARD Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Last edited by AmanteNJ; 05-25-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Default Re: Naked Fascinates?

Man I usually NEVER use a case but this sucker is like a bar of soap sometimes. I got this case and it's by far the coolest case I've ever owned for a phone:

BK SAMSUNG GALAXY S Fascinate/Mesmerize Mesh Case Cover - eBay (item 160609622970 end time Jul-01-11 23:06:00 PDT)

Default Re: Naked Fascinates?

I always run mine naked, but yesterday I shatered the screen when I was running and it flew out of my hand while I was changing a song. My replacement will be getting a case.