Best Non-Wrist Activity Tracker or Dongle?

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the Nexus 6p and recently downloaded Google Fit and love it so far.

However, I want more tracking for the times I dont want to keep my huge Nexus 6p in my pocket, like running or playing basketball.

I dont want to be wearing anything on my wrist when playing basketball or otherwise (I'm a mechanical watch fan, versus digital).

I'd also try out the sleep tracking ability of the device if possible.

The ony ones I'm really seeing are the Fitbit Zip, Fitbit One, and that's about it. Any that I'm missing?

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting the Fitbit Zip from Santa and am pleased with the physical clipping ability so far.

I'm not happy that I can't synch it with the 3 months of Google fit data I've accumulated.

So it seems like for the 2 nights per week I play basketball, I am going to have to wear my fitbit, when done, synch it to the fitbit app, check out how many steps I took at basketball, then manually enter those into my Google Fit app. Ohh joy.

Posted via the Android Central App

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I never had any luck with Google Fit either when I was using my Fitbit trackers. The syncing between Google Fit and Fitbit sucked in my opinion. If I remember right, I think that there is a way to manually input the time that you spent playing basketball and the Google Fit app would do the calculating for you. Please let me know if I'm mistaken on this.

Cindy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2