Mobile OS Chit Chat.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
4.3 Jelly Bean?
Well, 4.2 did add a lot of features upon 4.1. Though, there should be a new Android version, annually.
Do you think KLP will be 4.3 or 5.0?

5.0, but I want them to drop Jellybean now, 5.0 is apparently gonna be a major, major upgrade and should be treated as such.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
4.0, it was the first Android version that made me stop and question whether or not the iPhone was for me. I finally stitched though when the N4 came out.

ICS was great. Still use as a daily driver today.

I`m going back to university tomorrow, limiting how much I can post.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
O hai guys.

Yes, I've heard of the 4.3 rumor, and while no one wants such a small update, I think at this point Android is as good as it can be as far as major things like UI go, and Google needs to focus on polishing the OS such as making it smoother (it's a beast on my N4 but lags on my N7) and adding small features from iOS that Android lacks.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you.
I though Project Butter would fix a lot of Androids lag, but still dosen`t make it as smooth as, ios or Windows Phone.
I hope KLP will be a lot smoother, thats what I really want from Android.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
O hai guys.

Yes, I've heard of the 4.3 rumor, and while no one wants such a small update, I think at this point Android is as good as it can be as far as major things like UI go, and Google needs to focus on polishing the OS such as making it smoother (it's a beast on my N4 but lags on my N7) and adding small features from iOS that Android lacks.

iOS has a lot of small features that make difference to me.
Like the bounce effect or the tap to the top or the fact that folders automatticly name themselves depending on what app categories the apps are in( you can rename them) or the swipe down to refresh in mail or all inboxes, there isa ton of stuff iOS has that I would love to see android have. and there are more things they can add to make it a worthy 5.0 release for example, gesture based OS.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Like the bounce effect or the tap to the top or the fact that folders automatticly name themselves depending on what app categories the apps are in( you can rename them) or the swipe down to refresh in mail or all inboxes, there isa ton of stuff iOS has that I would love to see android have. and there are more things they can add to make it a worthy 5.0 release for example, gesture based OS.

As a former iOS user, I can agree to that.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

Gesture Based OS?
Like Blackberry 10?

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Have you guys seen firefox OS? it looks so ******* ugly.

Its aimed at emerging markets, and currently, at low-end devices. Though Mozilla states high end devices will get Mozilla Firefox OS.
It looks like ios, except without the eye candy and refinements. Personally, I don't think this OS is going to be all that, popular.
Sonys interested in it, however.

Why do you guys think about Tizen?
Intelsat and Samsung attempt at a OS, coming out around Q3 2013?

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Its aimed at emerging markets, and currently, at low-end devices. Though Mozilla states high end devices will get Mozilla Firefox OS.
It looks like ios, except without the eye candy and refinements. Personally, I don't think this OS is going to be all that, popular.
Sonys interested in it, however.

Why do you guys think about Tizen?
Intelsat and Samsung attempt at a OS, coming out around Q3 2013?

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
I don't normally support anything by Samsung(besides their awesome TV's) and Tizen, like Touch wizz is ugly IMHO. BUT I applaud Samsung for doing this, the more choice in the phone market the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol