Visit site
So do I. Does this brush count?

3729157995_6ae0aa6e9a.jpg

EDIT: if it counts, next photo- drum sticks

Last edited:

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
ahhhh... a man after my own heart. Gotta love pure badger with a Merkur. There aqre so few things that a man do to pamper himself. I go for the silver tip and the Merkur Hefty, personally.

I'm out on the drum sticks... guitar, yes. Piano, yes. Drums, no.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
That Semogue brush is actually a really nice Boar brush. I've got a nice little pure badger brush that I use on occasion, but I get some great lather with the boar brush, and a nice shave with the Merkur. Though, at this moment, I've been using a 1947 Gillette Tech. That baby shaves smooth as silk with a feather blade.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Promethius, I like your bill, pick the next item.

Part of the fun is finding the loophole in the requested item...

It's not my choice what the next item is. It's Mclarryjr's choice. That is, if he wants to switch it. It hasn't yet been a full day since he requested it. Let's let it ride for a minute before we try n' switch it.

PS: no web images!! that defeats the whole point of "hunting"

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
LMAO prometheus that was a good one:), let give it until tonight then I'll switch if no one comes up with a picture.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Part of the fun is finding the loophole in the requested item...

It's not my choice what the next item is. It's Mclarryjr's choice. That is, if he wants to switch it. It hasn't yet been a full day since he requested it. Let's let it ride for a minute before we try n' switch it.

PS: no web images!! that defeats the whole point of "hunting"

OK, no prob. I definitely know I won't be seeing a $2 bill, much less a $1 bill. I live on plastic.
Patiently waiting...

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
You turned me on to something I didn't even know existed. I just had to order one of those.

Which? The razor or the brush? Or, hopefully, both? I switched to double edge razors a year ago. It's one of the best decisions I've made. I get fantastic shaves with them, and it really helped my skin to clear up. I went a little overboard and started collecting them. At one point I was up to about 30 razors until I picked up the one pictured (a Merkur Progress with custom handle and adjustment knob, if you're wondering). Among my collection are razors from 1917, 1919, 1923, and a smattering of Gillette razors from the 40's through the 70's, including a very nice Gillette Super Adjustable from my birth year (1979). All of them are fantastic shavers. In addition to being great shaves, blades are dirt dirt cheap. Depending on what blades agree with your face, you can easily get 100 blades for under $20. With a little searching, you can drop that number down near $12. I've got about 200 Feather blades, 100 Derby, and 100 Astra. I spent about $70 total for them. At the rate I'm using them, I should be good on blades for about 3 years. Try that with a Mach 3 or a Fusion and you'll come up way short. Do yourself a HUGE favor and check out the wetshaving videos by Mantic59 on Youtube. It'll save you a lot of aggravation and razor burn and teach you some proper technique to give you a better, smoother shave. Also, don't be afraid to try different combinations of stuff. Some razors work better with some blades than others. And stay far away from Merkur blades. Their razors are very nice, but their blades are overpriced trash.

Ok, done being off topic. :D

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Corey: I am very excited about your post and appreciate all the info you just provided. I plan on PM'ing you separately.

Now what are the chances of anyone finding a $2 bill? It's been years since I've seen one personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12