| || |
Photo Scavenger Hunt!
Let's start a scavenger hunt.
1. Anyone who wants to participate is welcome.
2. An item is selected.
3. Hunters go look for the item anywhere (NOT on the internet)
4. Take a picture of it with your phone
- NO web images, nothing emailed to you, nothing in your "library".
5. Post the picture HERE in this thread.
6. Whoever is the first to find, photograph, and post the picture here selects the next item.
Rules for selection:
1. In good taste. This is an all ages game.
2. Nothing that would involve anything illegal.
3. No pictures of people that you don't know or don't have their consent to photograph.
A few other guidelines to make it more fun:
1. Make the item obscure, but not impossible.
2. The hunter who requests the item should change the item if it hasn't been found after 24 hours. If they abandon the hunt and don't change the item - the active hunters will select someone else to pick a new item.
3. Between postings of "found" items - post what's on your mind and visit with eachother. But keep in mind the main point of the thread is to HUNT and POST pictures.
4. This is designed as an active game and is best played while out and running around, using the Mobile forum on your Android device.
Not sure how to view "mobile forums"?
1. Pull up this page on your mobile browser.
2. Look for that little button on the very top of this page "mobile." click it.
3. Bookmark the last page of this thread (most current) of this thread.
4. As there are more pages added, just delete the old bookmark of the previous page and create a new bookmark ofr the next page.
For help on how to post pictures:
1. For the best help - search the forums for detailed instructions. I'm NOT an expert on this.
2. Use an application specifically designed for Android and mobile posting. I prefer Photobucket (free, in market).
3. Once the image is posted to a website cut and paste the image URL bracket by [IMG] in front of the image URL and [/IMG] after the link, with no spaces in between.
4. If you're able to resize the pictures, please do. Don't post pictures that are humomgous. Unfortunately, Photobucket does not allow resizing on the mobile site. So, my pics aare always huge (sorry)
And, YES. This is modeled after the Photo Scavenger Hunt on Crackberry - which I have been active in for over a year (different user name). It was started in July, 2008 and currently has over 62,000 replies (seriously) with tens of thousands of items requested, found, and posted. There .[/B]are dozens of acitve hunters and some that just pop in from time to time. That was for Blackberrys - this is for Android. Comparisons will be made. But, hey... if that model can work for a long time and have over 62,000 posts in ONE thread then the model is a good one to follow. Any suggestions are welcome. This is a community effort. I'm just starting this - I'm NOT in charge. I won't moderate this thread or police it.
OK - let the hunt begin!!
First item to find: An old fashioned Coca-Cola glass bottle.