Fossil Founder

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the opportunity to have a hand on with the Fossil Founder smart watch today, and was wondering if you folks here have heard much about it? It had good weight, it's running Android Wear, brings a nice recharging stand. $295 USA.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What I've seen on the web looks pretty nice, but I'd have to actually hold it and see how it looks on my wrist. Any idea if it's available at any bricks and mortar stores? Is it at all Fossil stores?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I actually own one now, jumped from Tizen to Android Wear for the first time. I had to ask for a new exchange cuz it froze. This 2nd one seems ok so far. Hardware is better than Huawei's. AW seems limiting though, and isn't taking advantage of the bigger round face like Gear S2.

Attachments

• 1449272067984.jpg
    1449272067984.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 119

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
What I've seen on the web looks pretty nice, but I'd have to actually hold it and see how it looks on my wrist. Any idea if it's available at any bricks and mortar stores? Is it at all Fossil stores?
It's quite heavy, perhaps cuz of the chain link strap, but it looks premium. The $275 version has the brown leather strap. Both are all sold out in stores, only accept online or phone orders, with free 3-5 days shipping.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the image! Looks pretty high quality--but alas, I think it's still too massive for my taste.:-\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it's 45.72 mm in diameter, which is roughly the same as the Moto 360 (which is 46 mm).

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
It is massive and heavy! Allot heavier than my Gear S! Its at brick and mortar stores. Sadly can't answer calls on it yet according to sales person.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It is massive and heavy! Allot heavier than my Gear S! Its at brick and mortar stores. Sadly can't answer calls on it yet according to sales person.

Ha, it's noticeably bigger than the Gear S2, but similar to the Huawei, and yes heavier than the Gear S. It's a watch for male consumers. As for taking calls on the watch, the sales guy is right, it has no speaker. An option is to wear a Bluetooth headset. You can swipe on the watch to take the call, it gets routed to your BT headset.

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
That's a no buy thing then, I really like taking the calls on the phone when needed. Not often but helpful!

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Already have a lg urbane. Is this any diffrent? Looks similar but I'm intrigued.

It looks and feels more premium with a big face, although many high end watches do have the same size face anyway. The knob doesn't do much. Long press dims the screen, and short press brings it back to the home screen or watch face. Comparing it to the Huawei watch, it's a bit faster. Android Wear is the same. I may return it though, it has a 90 day return policy.

sr3500

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
It does, that's just how I have it. I got the watch a couple of days ago, and I've missed the call each time, but I heard the call ring through to my wrist. I think I answered and disconnected in the same move on one call, on accident (I was at work). Anyway, I have to explore the phone end more, but so far they link pretty well. And I'm hopeful Android Wear 2, when it comes to the Q watches in a couple of weeks, brings more usefulness. Incidentally, yes, I know I'm answering a thread from a year ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2