Initial Thoughts

LongPress

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
This is my first smart watch and bought it somewhat on impulse. I bought the all metal version, synced to a note 4 running 5.1.

- Very easy to setup and sync.
- I love browsing the seemingly infinite faces. Great customization.
- The wireless charging. Some don't like the pillow. I don't mind it at all.

Dislikes
- The screen only stays on for a few seconds when you glance or tap on the watch...then reverts to the minimal screen. I can't seem to find anywhere how to change the awake time.
- I can't figure out how to have it show the time while charging. It shows the fossil face...but as soon as it hits 100%, the screen eventually goes blank. I'd like it to act sort of like a bedside clock while charging.
- When using the classic fossil face, it has frozen up a few times requiring a restart. I've since switched to a downloaded face. Hasn't frozen since.

Overall, first impressions are very positive.

Posted via the Android Central App

LongPress

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
In addition, the battery life is quite impressive. I took the watch off the dock at 830am....it is now 7pm and I'm showing 70% Now I'm sure it depends on the configuration but I'm using:
- Pathfinder watchface with a full time ambient screen.
- Notifications on.
- WiFi on.
- Auto brightness with no boost.
- Wrist gestures off.

I do like the feature where despite an always on ambient screen, it will go blank after a while if it senses no movement. I've noticed this after a few workouts in my home when I tend not to wear the watch during exercise.

Posted via the Android Central App

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the initial thoughts! I've been eyeballing this one as well... Love the look of it and Fossil's history with watches / smartwatches.