charging questions

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
getting a new marshall today, is it true they dont come with a charging brick? what amp brick can i use? what happens if i use a quick charge brick?

Berserk

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
getting a new marshall today, is it true they dont come with a charging brick? what amp brick can i use? what happens if i use a quick charge brick?

Well I got the Q Founder 2.0 today and it did not come with a brick. Just the USB charging cable.

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I got a Marshal this weekend.
I was initially upset when I opened the box. The tiny box in the bottom underneath the watch tray did not have any label on it.
I am not thrilled with the tiny puck to charge.
I still have my Moto 360 chargers... Anyone use those instead?
(Discovered last week that the 360 charger won't charge my watch...My darn cat chewed through the cable for my Fossil. (it was unplugged when he did it)

These watches don't use standard Qi charging. There was another adventure in my trying to order a new charging cable.... but that's another story.

Last edited:

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I understand.
I have a few of those at the house. (I've bought a few of the dual chargers because we have WAY too many devices to charge these days :p )

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I understand.
I have a few of those at the house. (I've bought a few of the dual chargers because we have WAY too many devices to charge these days :p )

do u know if its safe to use a quick charge brick with it? i cant seem to find any info on that.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
do u know if its safe to use a quick charge brick with it? i cant seem to find any info on that.

Is the brick in question manufactured by a reputable company or is it something generic/cheap or from unknown origin? I bring up the question because if it's a charger from a reputable source like a Samsung charger or Apple/HTC etc. then you should be fine, the Fossil charging cable will just pull what it needs to and no more than that. There's logic/communication going on across the USB port that determines the charging voltage/current. I'm guessing that since you're being cautious in asking you probably don't own generic unknown source chargers so you should be fine.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
correct, not generic. currently im using a motorola brick. but with your info seems like it would be safe to use my nexus 6p one. thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney