Android Wear 2.0? Anyone?

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Kinda sad, really. At this rate they could update one watch a day and be finished by the end of this week.

iPaulus

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Mine came on Saturday night. Had to download it via Bluetooth which took over 5 hours. The update only came after I reset the watch and paired it to my iPhone again. Since then it has been working reasonably well, though not as fluid yet as the previous version. Not many apps available yet. Mostly watch faces.

tfp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I got my update to 2.0 last night. I have a FossilQ Founder 1Gen

Was that your first 2.0 update or was that the April 4th 2.0 update?

I got the first update about a week and a half ago. Now I'm waiting for the April 4th update to fix some issues that I'm having.

- "Ok Google" doesn't seem to connect with the phone, so none of the messages from my watch are actually being sent, even though the watch says that it's been sent and if I check the conversation on my watch it's there, but nothing shows on the phone.

- having issues with app data syncing between watch apps and phone apps.

- it has slowed my watch (Q Founder Gen 1) right down. It's painful at times to do anything on my watch. Downloading apps from the play store directly to the watch almost always fail.

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine showed up on the watch this morning when I got up.
Took about 10 minutes to go through the process of the setup.
I would say folks should start seeing it soon.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yup, got mine late last night. I sure wish AW 2.0 wasn't so easy to change watch faces . . What a waste of left/right swipes on the main home screen.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yup, got mine late last night. I sure wish AW 2.0 wasn't so easy to change watch faces . . What a waste of left/right swipes on the main home screen.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Showed up for Q Wander this afternoon. Actually running quite smoothly. Previously, the watch was pretty laggy. I suspected AW 1.6 wasn't optimized for the SD2100.

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the home screen left / right swiping action could have been used for something "better" but it's not the worst thing... ;)
That said, I'm not sure if that's an Android Wear 2.0 thing on all brands, or just something from Fossil. Overall, I like it though!