Good G2 cases (official thread)

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I want to get a case, however the ones at T-Mobile are just not what I am looking for, any cases that are affordable? I want a Gel one, I checked and there are none in the Androidcentral store, sadly.

Please and thank you.

Hangtenover

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
no good case!

I know you wanted a good case recommendation but I bought a "bodyglove" type case that doubles as a kickstand and a belt clip. I didn't however think about the weight issue that would make the phone flip open the keyboard way too easily.(already a known problem) I can't find the model of this p.o.s cover but it is NOT made by bodyglove like the lady @ my local t-mobile store said it was. its made by t-mobile and the cost was 29.99! Ill be taking this particular case back tommorrow...

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have checked Amazon and the only ones I find were from T-Mobile... :( gonna just try the one by T-Mobile, it can't be bad...
Edit: well the T-Mobile case is pretty much the best, it clips on nicely and the sliding mechanism feels much better, a case will definitely make you feel like the device is much less fragile.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Forrest

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Body Glove Matrix Snap-On Cover for T-Mobile G2 - T-Mobile G2 Protector Cases

I bought this one last week and have been loving it. Doesn't add too much weight but makes it more of a brick. I have taken it off and just use this carrying case...Carbon Fiber Weave Horizontal Belt Clip Carrying Case #22 - T-Mobile G2 Cases & Holsters
It is a very cool case. Very slick looking and offers great protection as it covers pretty much the whole phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I know this sounds crazy but i want a case thats like the body glove but has a flap on the front to protect the front screen while its in my pocket. Im more worried about the screen getting pressure while its in my pocket.

cltatenza

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I bought a chaps ralph lauren sleeve made for an iPhone from Target. Cost be about 8 bucks, and fits the phone perfectly!

vic05

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
In need of a case for my G2 as well, I wonder seidio will make a combo case for the G2. Case + holster + swivel belt clip, looks durable and nice..
For the time being, a horizontal pouch with belt clip that swivels would be great. I came across a few.. but cant seem to decide due to the materials/design. heres a few I've been looking at..

1. Golla Gavin Phone Walle - looks good, but I do not always wear belts. clip is preferred.

2. Nite Ize Clip Case Sideways - This case looks promising, but It looks to be bulky. Style is great for everyday use. I wonder if it would look ok while in a suit.

3. Naztech Marquee Black Leather Horizontal Carrying Case - This case I like, almost a winner. I've never had a case with a magnettic flap. I wonder if the magnet will affect my phone in any way or as tmes passes get weaker.

These are the cases I have considered.. I really hope Seidio comes out with a combo case for the G2. What do you guys think about the cases?

vic05

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Called Seidio CS and asked if any accessories for the G2 are available.. rep informed me that not at the moment, not in the works but needs public input. so please.. if you are interested in Seidio accessories shoot them a quick email.

TmobileG2@seidio.com

ItsAllAndroid

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly i just use my Body Glove case i bought on eBay for $14.50 with $3.00 shipping, and it even comes with a belt clip that acts as a stand

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
has anyone found a one piece case that fits the g2?

i'd be happy to cut out the bits to make the buttons, ect, accessible. i just hate the loose keyboard, but love the swype and g2.

tia

prenoobster

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i really need a case hard case that is very thing and light but looks great
any suggestions? the HTC clear hard case is where i am leaning but dont like the fact that it is super hard to take off

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone feel like the G2 was sort of forgotten in the case-making world? I loved my Seidio that I had for my BB Torch...they say they are working on one for the G2 but I don't believe them. It's been too long. They have ones coming out for newer phones than this one....

robbinsgj

Jan 25, 2010
www.gerryisms.com
I got the Nite Ize Case and the paint is rubbing off my G2 from pulling it in and out of the case so much. I also tried the Body Glove case and had the same problem with the keyboard falling open due to the extra weight.

Have been trying to find just a clip, but no luck.

MAC20

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
In need of a case for my G2 as well, I wonder seidio will make a combo case for the G2. Case + holster + swivel belt clip, looks durable and nice..
For the time being, a horizontal pouch with belt clip that swivels would be great. I came across a few.. but cant seem to decide due to the materials/design. heres a few I've been looking at..

1. Golla Gavin Phone Walle - looks good, but I do not always wear belts. clip is preferred.

2. Nite Ize Clip Case Sideways - This case looks promising, but It looks to be bulky. Style is great for everyday use. I wonder if it would look ok while in a suit.

3. Naztech Marquee Black Leather Horizontal Carrying Case - This case I like, almost a winner. I've never had a case with a magnettic flap. I wonder if the magnet will affect my phone in any way or as tmes passes get weaker.

These are the cases I have considered.. I really hope Seidio comes out with a combo case for the G2. What do you guys think about the cases?

HTC makes a holster like Seido. Heres the link.

Amazon.com: HTC 70H00316 - 00M Phone Holster for HTC G2 - Holster - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1