Any lanyard strap solution for HTC Desire Z / G2 ?

ahmadka

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys .. I wanted to ask if there's any way to maybe use a lanyard strap with the HTC Desire Z (a.k.a. T-Mobile G2) .. I've search quite extensively online but haven't really found any solution ..

Is there any hard case available for HTC Desire Z/G2 which provides a hole for a lanyard strap ?

I'm coming from Nokia phones and am heavily used to using the lanyard strap for more maneuverability, and I really want a way to use a lanyard strap with my new Desire Z as well if I can ..

Thanks in advance for your advise all .. :)

Blkbear

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Sadly few of the cases I have seen have holes that you could put a lanyard on, that would not cause a problem with the case snapping onto the body of the phone. Nor have I seen reinforced lanyard holders/bars on any cases. And the cases that have holes near one end that you could get a loop through, have a thin piece of plastic near a spot that normally gets chipped off, after a drop, leaving no where to attach the lanyard once it chips off. Example here http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2708/4381312321_04c17db7c9_o.jpg

I have seen a few DIY solutions, here is one from a thread on XDA
2 minute lanyard tape hack - drop protection - xda-developers

DIY Youtube option
YouTube - Adding a lanyard strap to the HTC HD2 with tape

I'm pretty sure the tape DIYs could be done with a case to add better reinforcement and or stronger material other than electricians tape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21