1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Phone Rooted but lost Super user

Ok, the thing is this:

When i got my phone it came with some HTC Sense tuned for Bell Canada (lots of bloatware), so I rooted it and flashed the stock ROM released from HTC for the HTC Desire Z to get rid of all the bloatware.

Since it was the stock ROM, the update that HTC pushed in the last months was installed, so I lost the super user app. Anyway, I wanted to flash a new ROM and found my self in serious troubles because the super user was lost. In any case, using adb tools, y rebooted into boot loader, finding my self with Hboot and S-OFF. Does that mean that my phone is rooted, but I dont have the Super User acces?

If this is so, then I could flash a new ROM from hBoot right?

Thanks.
    Android: Resistance is Futile!.

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

Default Re: Phone Rooted but lost Super user

Sounds like you flashed a non rooted ROM and that's why you lost SU permissions. If you still have S-off then you are still rooted. Once you get into Hboot (assuming you have flashed recovery) you should be able to access recovery and flash any ROM from there.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Phone Rooted but lost Super user

In the end, I had serious troubles with the un-rootable ROM. Lucky enough, I had S-OFF, otherwise it would had been a pain in the arse root the thing, cause I had to downgrade the firmware with a goldencard, which i cant make cause I only have Mac computers at home.

I downloaded Visionary, Perm rooted and flashed Sense 3.0 ROM from ROM Manager. I'm loving the new sense interation, handled well by my HTC DZ.

Thanks for the help!
    Android: Resistance is Futile!.