Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has anyone successfully rooted a G2?

I've been trying to root it following different guides and I seem to just can't root it!!

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Still finding my favorite

Default Re: Has anyone successfully rooted a G2?

Quote Originally Posted by adreneLYNN View Post
    I've been trying to root it following different guides and I seem to just can't root it!!
    What problems are you having?
    Galaxy Nexus - CM9 Nightlies- Trinity
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

In the command prompt, I always get that message about no device or something about internal external...its basically not finding my phone I guess.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Still finding my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by adreneLYNN View Post
    In the command prompt, I always get that message about no device or something about internal external...its basically not finding my phone I guess.
    Follow instructions here (Get ADB to recognize the T-mobile G2/Vision Droid Hype) and try again.
    Galaxy Nexus - CM9 Nightlies- Trinity

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest CM7 Nightly

Are you still having problems because I could try to help? I've succesfully rooted s-off and unrooted to sell my old g2 (back to s-on) and unrooted my new one? Let me know

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperCM7 G2 using Tapatalk
    Want to make some easy extra dough for your Android purchases check here!
    http://adf.ly/28iTQ

I'm having the same issue as her. I know the issue is the fact that the Path Variable that I set isn't coming up in cmd.

I changed the path variable to C:/Users/(name)/sdk/platform-tools But, when I open the cmd prompt it just lists C:/users/(Name)> I need it to be C:/Users/(name)/sdk/platform-tools> for it to work. Anyone else help me out here?

I have rooted and unrooted several times. I just get bored. I'm running the new stock update right now though.

adreneLYNN: Do you have 2.2 or 2.3? you need 2.2 to do it easily. If you have 2.3, you need to downgrade to 2.2 Here.
    Also, try downloading HTC Sync. It will have the drivers you need for your PC to recognize your G2.

shadowknux: Try changing the directory manually. Type in

cd

followed by the location of your files.\
    for example:

cd C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

this should allow you to push the files to your phone.

hope this helps.