Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest CM7 Nightly

Unhappy Problems with Wi-Fi and Mobile Data

So the problem i am having is when im trying to connect to mobile data while at home, connected to wi-fi, my phone has to prefer wi-fi apparently becuse evertime i try to connect it to mobile data(so i can send a picture) it switches mobile data off and jumps ontp the wi-fi, so please help cause i really want to be able to MMS form home! thanks
    p.s. im running gingervillian 1.5
    Want to make some easy extra dough for your Android purchases check here!
    http://adf.ly/28iTQ

GingerVillain is nothing but a repack of Cyanogen nightly's with a custom theme. Now Cyanogen nightly's are using Gingerbread 2.3 Android. There is a problem with the WiFi with gingerbread and Cyanogen and other developers are working on trying to fix it. So it is still in the development phase. That is why you have issues with the ROM. Stick to stock ROM for now or try a different custom Rom and you should be fine. I will be posting soon Sillian OS for Android, which has customized Froyo Android with HTC SENSE UI. It will work. Actually tested it and it is superfast. Just have a delayed loading time so trying to fix that..If fixed will post it by end of today...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sillian OS Mobile: HTC HD2 (Windows Based)/HTC G2 (Android Based)

Buy me a beer if you like my work

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest CM7 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllAndroid View Post
    So the problem i am having is when im trying to connect to mobile data while at home, connected to wi-fi, my phone has to prefer wi-fi apparently becuse evertime i try to connect it to mobile data(so i can send a picture) it switches mobile data off and jumps ontp the wi-fi, so please help cause i really want to be able to MMS form home! thanks
    p.s. im running gingervillian 1.5
    actually i still need help with this problem until his OS comes out, so can anyone plase help me!
    Want to make some easy extra dough for your Android purchases check here!
    http://adf.ly/28iTQ

ROM
    CM7 NIGHTLY(Gingerbread)

Quote Originally Posted by Sillian Himself View Post
    GingerVillain is nothing but a repack of Cyanogen nightly's with a custom theme. Now Cyanogen nightly's are using Gingerbread 2.3 Android. There is a problem with the WiFi with gingerbread and Cyanogen and other developers are working on trying to fix it. So it is still in the development phase. That is why you have issues with the ROM. Stick to stock ROM for now or try a different custom Rom and you should be fine. I will be posting soon Sillian OS for Android, which has customized Froyo Android with HTC SENSE UI. It will work. Actually tested it and it is superfast. Just have a delayed loading time so trying to fix that..If fixed will post it by end of today...
    Get a clue Sillian, Ive been running Gingerbread since its be available first with SRC, then GingerVillian and now Im on CM7 nightly #21 and wifi's been working the whole time, the only thing required to get it working, is after installing the Gingerbread rom you have to reboot the phone once to get it to work.

On another note, how's it feel getting bannned from XDA Developers G2 forum for posting up malice roms, warning to all users this guy (Sillian Himself) likes to post up roms that simulates a bricked phone all because he soft bricked his phone trying to root it and wants everyone else to know what it felt like.

Quote Originally Posted by joemm View Post
    Get a clue Sillian, Ive been running Gingerbread since its be available first with SRC, then GingerVillian and now Im on CM7 nightly #21 and wifi's been working the whole time, the only thing required to get it working, is after installing the Gingerbread rom you have to reboot the phone once to get it to work.

On another note, how's it feel getting bannned from XDA Developers G2 forum for posting up malice roms, warning to all users this guy (Sillian Himself) likes to post up roms that simulates a bricked phone all because he soft bricked his phone trying to root it and wants everyone else to know what it felt like.
    "Indulgence in fantasy of people like you is the forte of idiots "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sillian OS Mobile: HTC HD2 (Windows Based)/HTC G2 (Android Based)

Buy me a beer if you like my work