Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Sillian OS Mobile for G2

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Speed

0 0%
  • Battery

3 42.86%
  • Eye Candy

0 0%
  • Overall

4 57.14%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Wink Sillian OS Mobile for G2/DZ (First time ever SenseWidgets on an AOSP Launcher)

Welcome to the "Sillian OS" custom firmware series for T-Mobile G2!!

This firmware is built for:
    * Speed
    * Smoothness and Eye Candy,
    * Stability
    * Optimized battery for longer life between charges

Currently firmware is completely customized to work on T-mobile G2 (Android) and HD2 (Windows).

A lot of third party applications have been added to this custom Rom. Also a lot of tweaks have been done which were originally done by other developers. So full credit goes to the respective developers.

I have to the best of my knowledge not violated any copyright infringements. But in case someone feels that I am violating their copyright please contact me and I would be willing to resolve the issue.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage to your hardware or software associated with your device by flashing Sillian OS on to your device....Please note you flash this custom software at your own risk....

There are different versions of the Sillian OS Mobile for G2 devices:

Sillian OS Mobile-Version 1 (with HTC Sense)

Sillian OS Mobile-Version 2 (with "NO" Sense)

Sillian OS Mobile-Version 3 (with HTC Sense Customized)

Sillian OS Mobile-Version 4 (with HTC Sense Widgets on Vanilla ROM Launcher)

• Version 4 (A and B), Do not have a virtual keyboard, so you will have to use your devices hard keyboard.
    • After flashing version 4 (A and B), you will see an IME Tutorial screen in initial setup. Please SKIP that screen and Do not try to do the tutorial as doing the tutorial will Force Close your initial setup.

For Screenshots and download links either visit my website sillianos.webs.com or CLICK HERE

Feedback is always well appreciated....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sillian OS Mobile: HTC HD2 (Windows Based)/HTC G2 (Android Based)

Buy me a beer if you like my work

Last edited by Sillian Himself; 02-25-2011 at 02:36 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Update

Please read post and pre flash instructions carefully before flashing as this will save you a lot of trouble. Flash using Boot Recovery (DO NOT FLASH WITH ROM MANAGER) and flash the SuperUser patch using recovery from boot. Also do a DATA and CACHE WIPE BEFORE FLASHING..

Thanks guys for all your support.

Changelog 2

Version 3A (with Complete Sense Experience)
    • Completely customized framework. Full Sense Experience..
    • Full HTC Sense UI experience
    • Extras added (Task Manager,Wave secure,Skype,Sound Hound, Pandora, Friend stream)
    • Customized graphics
    • Kernel tweaked for best balance between speed and battery
    • Sense Theme changer and skins included.
    • Images are compressed to reduce size.
    • The ROM initially take a while to start as the cache need to be rebuilt. Please be patient when first flashing it.

Version 3B (with Complete Sense Experience)
    • With NO extras (Extras-Task Manager,Wave secure,Skype,Sound Hound, Pandora, Friend stream, Skype, Scan to PDF)
    • The ROM initially take a while to start as the cache need to be rebuilt. Please be patient when first flashing it.

Version 4A (with "NO" Sense Experience)
    • Virtual Keyboard in Version 4A does not work. You have to use Hard Keyboard (Working on fixing the issue)
    • Completely customized framework. Some Sense runs at back, but 99% ASOP.
    • Trackpad wakeup fixed.
    • Extras added (Task Manager,Wave secure,Skype,Sound Hound, Pandora, Friend stream)
    • Added Sense widget (Sense Widgets added-FM Radio, Whether,Camera,Camcorder,Friend stream, Adobe Reader, WiFi Hotspot)
    • Customized graphics
    • Kernel tweaked for best balance between speed and battery
    • Images are compressed to reduce size.

Version 4B (with "NO" Sense)
    • Virtual Keyboard in Version 4B does not work. You have to use Hard Keyboard (Working on fixing the issue)
    • With NO extras (Extras-Task Manager,Wave secure,Skype,Sound Hound, Pandora, Friend stream, Skype, Scan to PDF), so same as Version 4A but with Extras removed.
    • Removed sense weather from Version 4A, as it takes up a lot of memory and battery. I have added my own clock with weather to both Version 4 (A and B). So Version 4A has both sense and my weather app while Version 4B has only weather app

Changelog 1

Version 1 (with HTC SENSE UI)
    • Based of 1.72 ROM
    • A lot of code rewritten, mix of 2.2 and 2.3 Android
    • All sense applications included (Friends Stream, HTC Messaging, Weather, Radio and tons more)
    • Sense files compressed to reduce size
    • Sense theme changer with lots of sense themes.
    • No WiFi issues. WiFi connects without rebooting
    • No long booting time. No initial lag when the Rom is flashed th first time
    • Should not have any issues with Market Place apps force closing (if issues download and install my patch)
    • Longer battery life and more speed (Kernel Tweaked)
    • No need for a data and cache wipe as ROM will do it. (But if flashing from a "No" Sense ROM always recommended to wipe data and cache)

Version 2 (without HTC SENSE UI)
    • Based of T-Mobile stock Rom and 1.72 ROM
    • A lot of code rewritten, mix of 2.2 and 2.3 Android
    • Image files compressed to reduce size
    • No WiFi issues. WiFi connects without rebooting
    • No long booting time
    • Should not have any issues with Market Place apps force closing (if issues download and install my patch)
    • Longer battery life and more speed (Kernel Tweaked)
    • No need for a data and cache wipe as ROM will do it. (But if flashing from a "Sense ROM always recommended to wipe data and cache)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Sillian Himself; 02-25-2011 at 02:37 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Reserved 2

Reserved 2

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Reserved 3

Reserved 3

ROM
    CM7 NIGHTLY(Gingerbread)

Last edited by joemm; 02-14-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Looks promising, I'm about to flash it though I'm curious why a couple people seem to follow you around and post in all caps. Your work, from what I've seen, looks amazing.

Well, Version 2 seems to install fine, tells me that I'm Sillianized but gets locked at the HTC screen upon reboot. 3rd flash and same thing every time.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by C4warrior View Post
    Well, Version 2 seems to install fine, tells me that I'm Sillianized but gets locked at the HTC screen upon reboot. 3rd flash and same thing every time.
    Well some people seem to be my followers. This is their way of showing love...lol

If you want to install you need to flash not from ROM Manager but from boot. Make sure you do a data wipe and cache before you flash. You should be fine. Follow the instruction on my website. Google my thread on xda and you will see that people are having no problems flashing...

Coming out with a newer version with HTC Sense widgets cooked into the Vanilla Android version....

id like to say version 4 is very nice. love stock launcher with sense apps but cant seem to find any sense widgets or sense clock as it says it should in 4a